Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.12.10

C.T.
Message added by C.T.

We are collecting feedback for newly added feature - desktop mode.
Please kindly leave your comment here 🙂 

Thanks

HTC,

I like many others here, pre-ordered the Cosmos and have had it since its release last October. This is my first time posting  because I thought every new tech product has its growing pains so I didn't want to complain. However it has been ten months now and the tracking is very poor especially considering the purchase price of this HMD. I understand that the pandemic has slowed things down but you guys have got to fix the tracking soon because a year of having a product which does not work as advertised at the cost of $700 US is beyond absurd. Either get the software patched to where this thing works or give us all the accessories to do so (base stations, wands & faceplate) for free! It is the least you can do.

Edited by Tiberius Rex
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Tiberius Rex said:

HTC,

I like many others here, pre-ordered the Cosmos and have had it since its release last October. This is my first time posting  because I thought every new tech product has its growing pains so I didn't want to complain. However it has been ten months now and the tracking is very poor especially considering the purchase price of this HMD. I understand that the pandemic has slowed things down but you guys have got to fix the tracking soon because a year of having a product which does not work as advertised at the cost of $700 US is beyond absurd. Either get the software patched to where this thing works or give us all the accessories to do so (base stations, wands & faceplate) for free! It is the least you can do.

Stop thinking or dreaming  too much. This Cosmos is over and they are completely silence all the times. No roadmap, they have done nothing so far. 

I bought Alyx in steam and I still haven't completed the game at all. I know that I can beat the game with my cosmos but I just don't want to bare it, it is high price VR headset but faulty which require a worldwide recall as I always said. 

3 hours ago, lam0218 said:

Stop thinking or dreaming  too much. This Cosmos is over and they are completely silence all the times. No roadmap, they have done nothing so far. 

I bought Alyx in steam and I still haven't completed the game at all. I know that I can beat the game with my cosmos but I just don't want to bare it, it is high price VR headset but faulty which require a worldwide recall as I always said. 

I am not dreaming. It is a reasonable expectation that when a product does not perform the function for which it was designed, advertised and the reason for which it was sold that the company which sold it makes good on that product by either replacing it with a functioning product or refund the money to those who purchased said product.

Finally gotten around to try this version, but i have noticed that the pass thru camera is no longer working. It doesnt activate when you press the vive button twice, the button on the headset or walking outside the boundry, i have made sure all the settings are on but no luck.

1 hour ago, hamez88 said:

Finally gotten around to try this version, but i have noticed that the pass thru camera is no longer working. It doesnt activate when you press the vive button twice, the button on the headset or walking outside the boundry, i have made sure all the settings are on but no luck.

Revert back to previous build. 

10 hours ago, hamez88 said:

To see if it is just a setting somewhere or actually a hardware issue I recommend going to Origin, enter the tear drop (funny symbolism that) and on the shelf next to the bed are two headsets, one is a Cosmos, pick it up and place it on your head. If it is not a hardware issue the pass through camera will turn on auto-magically  or alternatively you can go fiddle with the settings in the Lens but this is easier  😉 

Fink.

I'm impressed that @C.T.never speaks about this, always with updates that don't change anything about the main VR problem (tracking)

HTC of all the companies I have ever bought a product from, you are the worst, not only for launching a defective product, but for not admitting the shit they designed.

Congratulations, if you want to be the worst VR company, you win 🙂

It will complete 2 months without an update, and I am sure that when the update is released, nothing will change in the tracking, A totally incompetent company, where your product will make 1 year of launch and still has not managed to solve the problem.

It's been a long time since I posted on the forum because I was waiting for a new update to see if there would be any improvement, but as the update didn't arrive, I'm here to express not only my indignation but that of all the consumers of this shitty product.

Have a hint of professionalism, put the whole team to fix this shit or make a note of clarification explaining that this garbage dont have fix and make a worldwide recall.

1 year of product, 2 months without beta update ... thx for nothing _l_

with love: angry customer ❤️

On 8/28/2020 at 7:26 AM, Fresh_Zin said:

I'm impressed that @C.T.never speaks about this, always with updates that don't change anything about the main VR problem (tracking)

HTC of all the companies I have ever bought a product from, you are the worst, not only for launching a defective product, but for not admitting the shit they designed.

Congratulations, if you want to be the worst VR company, you win 🙂

It will complete 2 months without an update, and I am sure that when the update is released, nothing will change in the tracking, A totally incompetent company, where your product will make 1 year of launch and still has not managed to solve the problem.

It's been a long time since I posted on the forum because I was waiting for a new update to see if there would be any improvement, but as the update didn't arrive, I'm here to express not only my indignation but that of all the consumers of this shitty product.

Have a hint of professionalism, put the whole team to fix this shit or make a note of clarification explaining that this garbage dont have fix and make a worldwide recall.

1 year of product, 2 months without beta update ... thx for nothing _l_

with love: angry customer ❤️

This product is game over.  I personally think they are too late to have any solution at this moment. If they are responsible, they should recall it just few months after the release. But now, it is really too late and they could run bankrupt if they do recall now.

So if I am HTC, I will not do anything, be silence and eventually everyone will forget their pain. Once PS5, XBX come out, gamer will focus and put time on their new console and throw this HTC in the dust. After few years, no one will care their old Cosmos. 

Edited by lam0218