Jump to content
 
C.T.

Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.12.10

C.T.

We are collecting feedback for newly added feature - desktop mode.
Please kindly leave your comment here ūüôā¬†

Thanks

Message added by C.T.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Fink said:

Hi @C.T.

There was no new update this month. I was wondering if there will be any further tracking improvements or have you reached the end of what is possible with this tech?

Thanks

fink

 

Ya, I think all us OG Cosmos owners, esp. ones like me that pre-ordered 11 months ago, would like to know this.

Edited by TomCgcmfc
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 

In VIVE Cosmos, when flying in simulators DCS, MFS, on draver version 1.0.12.10a, there is a sharp loss of performance. I had to go back to version 1.0.11.2

Edited by glaz252

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

HTC,

I like many others here, pre-ordered the Cosmos and have had it since its release last October. This is my first time posting  because I thought every new tech product has its growing pains so I didn't want to complain. However it has been ten months now and the tracking is very poor especially considering the purchase price of this HMD. I understand that the pandemic has slowed things down but you guys have got to fix the tracking soon because a year of having a product which does not work as advertised at the cost of $700 US is beyond absurd. Either get the software patched to where this thing works or give us all the accessories to do so (base stations, wands & faceplate) for free! It is the least you can do.

Edited by Tiberius Rex
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tiberius Rex said:

HTC,

I like many others here, pre-ordered the Cosmos and have had it since its release last October. This is my first time posting  because I thought every new tech product has its growing pains so I didn't want to complain. However it has been ten months now and the tracking is very poor especially considering the purchase price of this HMD. I understand that the pandemic has slowed things down but you guys have got to fix the tracking soon because a year of having a product which does not work as advertised at the cost of $700 US is beyond absurd. Either get the software patched to where this thing works or give us all the accessories to do so (base stations, wands & faceplate) for free! It is the least you can do.

Stop thinking or dreaming  too much. This Cosmos is over and they are completely silence all the times. No roadmap, they have done nothing so far. 

I bought Alyx in steam and I still haven't completed the game at all. I know that I can beat the game with my cosmos but I just don't want to bare it, it is high price VR headset but faulty which require a worldwide recall as I always said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lam0218 said:

Stop thinking or dreaming  too much. This Cosmos is over and they are completely silence all the times. No roadmap, they have done nothing so far. 

I bought Alyx in steam and I still haven't completed the game at all. I know that I can beat the game with my cosmos but I just don't want to bare it, it is high price VR headset but faulty which require a worldwide recall as I always said. 

I am not dreaming. It is a reasonable expectation that when a product does not perform the function for which it was designed, advertised and the reason for which it was sold that the company which sold it makes good on that product by either replacing it with a functioning product or refund the money to those who purchased said product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally gotten around to try this version, but i have noticed that the pass thru camera is no longer working. It doesnt activate when you press the vive button twice, the button on the headset or walking outside the boundry, i have made sure all the settings are on but no luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hamez88 said:

Finally gotten around to try this version, but i have noticed that the pass thru camera is no longer working. It doesnt activate when you press the vive button twice, the button on the headset or walking outside the boundry, i have made sure all the settings are on but no luck.

Revert back to previous build. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hamez88 said:

Finally gotten around to try this version, but i have noticed that the pass thru camera is no longer working. It doesnt activate when you press the vive button twice, the button on the headset or walking outside the boundry, i have made sure all the settings are on but no luck.

To see if it is just a setting somewhere or actually a hardware issue I recommend going¬†to Origin, enter the tear drop (funny symbolism that) and on the shelf next to the bed are two headsets, one is a Cosmos, pick it up and place it on your head. If it is not a hardware issue the pass through camera will turn on auto-magically¬† or alternatively you can go fiddle with the settings in the Lens but this is easier¬† ūüėȬ†

Fink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @C.T. and @VibrantNebula and others.

I'm liking the desktop mode a lot, in particular its convenience of use and scalability as it is better to use than the Steam Desktop resize slider.

Question: Is there currently a way to easily change to another monitor and back? 

Thanks

Fink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...