Cosmos Public Release 1.0.12.4a

C.T.

18 hours ago, Dickytwo said:

Welcome to the club. I sold mine a while back but have kept track on this forum in the hope that the situation vastly improved. Sadly it hasn't and every update now seems like a 'suck it and see' update with no real testing internally.

I got the Index with ceiling hooks which replaced what should have been a kick ass Cosmos purchase with Wireless (or so they said last October). The Index is definitely an improvement on the overall Cosmos experience even with the wire floating up above so no regrets at all.

And worse, HTC have lost me as a future customer as well as so many others who were also conned last year with their VR solution which basically didn't work and still doesn't. No olive branch for those 'victims' and pretty sure they are now hoping people will just give up on it so they don't need to release pointless updates any more. 

Me too. I will not buy any HTC product anymore in my life as they are not a trustworthy company. They never admit their fault and no roadmap for their action. Basically, I feel like they treat every Cosmo buyer like a fool. You want fix ? buy a external sensor and faceplate.

HTC, No one want to blame you if you can stand out to say something in your official twitter instead of hiding. Do something really helpful, worldwide recall or credit to buy a new modified Cosmos. Currently, you are so freaking awful and I am ready to give up with Cosmos and HTC as a whole. Throw my Cosmos into my warehouse and I surely don't want to sell this faulty product to anyone for more innocent. 

Edited by lam0218

🤩 Yes well said 

😍 bien dit il nous prenne pour des un  imbéciles en + il fond rien meme pas de MISE A JOUR rien que dalle 

il cherche a revendre leurs accessoires de merde  façade tracking externe a 219 euro + 2 manette 288 euro + 2  station de base 298 euro  franchement  abuser + le casque cosmos  799 euro 

abuser----abuser----abuser--vous avez chercher a metre des carottes au gens et maintenant personne va acheter le htc vive cosmos et leur cosmos élite de merde encore plus chère 

FINI LE HTC VIVE COSMOS ET LE  ELITE COSMOS RIEN QUE DALLE 

😍--OUI OCULUS RIFT  ET BIEN PLUS FORD QUE VOUS BONNE D INCAPABLES ET VOLEUR

Do this, and give us a way to cheaply upgrade existing cosmos owners to the better alternative. You need to do some hole plugging or these types of things are going to happen and you're going to lose any brand loyalty you scrounged from the original vive era. 

Edited by Wolf_Spider

On 6/7/2020 at 3:11 PM, guesscui said:

Yeah I didn't get error message, but all my games took a major performance hit in VR after this update, and barely playable...

I have to do a system recover to get back to the previous version to make my headset work properly again.

Seriously they need to address the issues with this update ASAP, or let us keep the older versions of drivers.

Hi bro, have you found any solutions for this performance issue, I just purchase cosmos elite today and experience the same issue. 😞   

On 6/29/2020 at 3:15 PM, Franky said:

Hi bro, have you found any solutions for this performance issue, I just purchase cosmos elite today and experience the same issue. 😞   

No there isn't a solution so far,  after the last update, I can't play VR games with cosmos headset so I just switched to a Rift S.

The cosmos does feel comfortable to wear and resolution is good, other than that I don't see it getting any advantages...   been waiting for 2 weeks and still no fix...  very disappointed for sure.

The only way to make it work is to roll back to the older drivers, but sadly the vive software doesn't allow you to do that...  I got lucky to have a system restore point and I roll back the entire system before I install the last update to solve it.    Well if HTC doesn't have a solution then I guess I'm stuck with the current version and there isn't much to hope for...   

Have you asked the devs to give you a personal test version?  I think they are able to do that at least.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 12:22 AM, ShakySurgeon said:

This update broke my headset entirely. Won't track a single thing. Can't even get into the environment or room set-up now. 

Try to activate Beta and let the Headset do an update.
Afterwards deactivate to let the Headset update again back to the public.

Maybe something worked wrong with the initially update.

Otherwise you could also stay on the Beta if it works for you as it does on my side.

lol yall all complaining bout updates and crap like that, yet yall forget to remember this damn pandemic might have a issue on them getting this shit done, like supposedly they have less ppl working O.o

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 10:52 PM, SteveO said:

lol yall all complaining bout updates and crap like that, yet yall forget to remember this damn pandemic might have a issue on them getting this shit done, like supposedly they have less ppl working O.o

10 months in and tracking still not sorted. Virus or no virus this is bad considering the premium price put on it.

Plus compounded that in a couple of months the original Cosmos will be superseded by the HP Reverb G2 which by current previews will cost less, have a better display and actually does what it says on the tin. RIP HTC Cosmos.