Sign in to follow this  
Morbidick

can i change the brightness of controllers on code?

After implementing a two-handed weapon concept, the weapon rotation is good,  except when the weapon is held before the eyes. I think the brightness of the nearest controller disturbs the camera which has a difficulty to determining the position of the farthest. 

Is it possible to change the controller brightness in the code?

@Morbidick - No, there are no API's to modify the tracking ring's brightness. It's a steady brightness when movement is occurring because the ring needs to clearly stand out against the background otherwise tracking breaks. The only real time the brightness changes are if you idle out and at times when the controllers will flash to help with detection when it's having a hard time separating the ring from the background.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Do you have another solution? More precisely when I hold the shotgun in front of me to aim, and that the arm of the hand on the pump is stretched to the maximum, the nearest is really very close to the cameras. This is the only time when two-handed tracking loses precision. But it is also normally (if this problem does not occur) the only way to make an accurate shot with the shotgun and this will be even more true with a sniper rifle. I would not like to have to deactivate the two-handed functionality when the player plays with light controllers.