Games Forum please

I fully agree! It will be great to share our experience and recommendations for the best VR games, which not only covers gameplay but also things like game resolution, textures, immersion, control scheme  and general VR-playability etc. Perhaps I can start by sharing a VR hidden gem game...

"Crashimals" - found this gem of a game after checking out Youtube's recommended must play VR games. The gameplay is much like Angry Birds where you knock down objects by flying a RC plane releasing bombs on them. It's a simple but addictive game much like Angry Birds. The graphics are lush and vibrant and the animations are a joy to watch. The control scheme takes getting used to as you will need to use both wands to control your RC plane's trajectory to make bombing runs on the targets below. It's one of those games where a short playthrough always results in you wanting to keep playing until you realized how much time you had actually spent playing than you had anticipated.The game is available for free download at VivePort Infinity for VivePort subscribers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chilli chubb said:

I fully agree! It will be great to share our experience and recommendations for the best VR games, which not only covers gameplay but also things like game resolution, textures, immersion, control scheme  and general VR-playability etc.

This is one of the main reason, that and people can mention any issues with any VR HEADSET from HTC they've got, or experience, or anything that may help the community, and more., Plus any lookers for the HTC's can also check the forums!  There's many reasons. 

2 hours ago, chilli chubb said:

Perhaps I can start by sharing a VR hidden gem game... "Crashimals" - found this gem of a game after checking out Youtube's recommended must play VR games. The gameplay is much like Angry Birds where you knock down objects by flying a RC plane releasing bombs on them. It's a simple but addictive game much like Angry Birds. The graphics are lush and vibrant and the animations are a joy to watch. The control scheme takes getting used to as you will need to use both wands to control your RC plane's trajectory to make bombing runs on the targets below. It's one of those games where a short playthrough always results in you wanting to keep playing until you realized how much time you had actually spent playing than you had anticipated.The game is available for free download at VivePort Infinity for VivePort subscribers.

Thanks for the share. 
I googled that came and it looks like a really fun cartoonie arcadic game! I'll be sure to add it to my games list!

In years past, we had content specific forums but they were extremely unused and led to increased fragmentation of the forums. Our statistics have been pretty steady for the last 3 years. About 70-80% of posts are hardware support related, and about 20% are developer focused and any changes we've made on our side don't really drive impact towards shifting the focus.

We do have a secondary forum for Viveport that's specifically hardware agnostic and intended for content-related posts.

There's lot alot of places to talk content - there are fewer places to get Vive-hardware or Vive-SDK specific support where Vive staff can directly weigh in.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2020 at 6:49 AM, chilli chubb said:

I fully agree! It will be great to share our experience and recommendations for the best VR games, which not only covers gameplay but also things like game resolution, textures, immersion, control scheme  and general VR-playability etc. Perhaps I can start by sharing a VR hidden gem game...

"Crashimals" - found this gem of a game after checking out Youtube's recommended must play VR games. The gameplay is much like Angry Birds where you knock down objects by flying a RC plane releasing bombs on them. It's a simple but addictive game much like Angry Birds. The graphics are lush and vibrant and the animations are a joy to watch. The control scheme takes getting used to as you will need to use both wands to control your RC plane's trajectory to make bombing runs on the targets below. It's one of those games where a short playthrough always results in you wanting to keep playing until you realized how much time you had actually spent playing than you had anticipated.The game is available for free download at VivePort Infinity for VivePort subscribers.

Nice, thanks for sharing this. Like you said, this game is very addictive.

Wouldn't Reddit be a better place to have a VR games forum? (or rather find one of the many that already exist there) Let Vive/HTC keep their forum about their hardware and software rather than asking them to moderate a gaming community