Distance of HMD displays to eyes

mrk88

Hi,

Does anybody know that when we put on the HTC Vive Pro Eye headset, how far our eyes are from the displays? (I'm guessing about a couple of inches, but I'd like to know the exact number for my research).

Thanks.

• Like 1

@mrk88 - There's not a clean answer here - the Pro has "eye relief" so you can adjust the distance until it comes into focus. The bigger problem though is that everybody has different facial morphology and depending on how the HMD sits on their face, the type of facial interface you're using, and how "sunk" into their face their eyes are, there can be a pretty significant range of values across a sample pool even when you control for the eye relief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VibrantNebula said:

@mrk88 - There's not a clean answer here - the Pro has "eye relief" so you can adjust the distance until it comes into focus. The bigger problem though is that everybody has different facial morphology and depending on how the HMD sits on their face, the type of facial interface you're using, and how "sunk" into their face their eyes are, there can be a pretty significant range of values across a sample pool even when you control for the eye relief.

Okay, thank you very much for the info.

Is there a way I can measure it , and then keep it at a fixed distance? ... I mean do you know of any references or suggestions about that?

I am trying to measure the angluar magnitude of an object being displaced from one position to another, and for that I need to know the distance from the subject (because it makes a lot of difference in the calculations).

• Like 1