Nermeen

My eye tracker is stuck at a callibration step

Posted (edited)

@Corvus  Ok, I did a full wipe and reinstall, and it still did not work.  I then did what @alwyuyang suggested and moved the SRAnipal folder to be in the x86 VIVE folder, and it still did not work.  I THEN closed everything down, and signed into a sysadmin account on my computer with full privileges, and that worked.  Even though I tried each combination of running both SteamVR and SRAnipal as an administrator on my account, that did not work.  It wasn't until I went to the full admin account that it succeeded.  After I succeeded on the sysadmin account, I went back to my account and ran it, and it succeeded again.  So I have no idea what all is being done during the setup of the eye calibration, but it seems to need an account with full administrator privileges on the first go.  I'm guessing it creates some stuff that a lesser account can use after it's succeeded once.

The bad news in all of this is that this is a really poor workflow for commercial / research usage, as most companies and universities I know of do NOT allow their users to have full administrative privileges on their PCs.  So even though I have succeeded getting it working on my machine and will be able to write the code and test it here, it's not likely to work on their machines due to this restriction.

Edited by DustProductions
missing a word

11 hours ago, DustProductions said:

@Corvus  Ok, I did a full wipe and reinstall, and it still did not work.  I then did what @alwyuyang suggested and moved the SRAnipal folder to be in the x86 VIVE folder, and it still did not work.  I THEN closed everything down, and signed into a sysadmin account on my computer with full privileges, and that worked.  Even though I tried each combination of running both SteamVR and SRAnipal as an administrator on my account, that did not work.  It wasn't until I went to the full admin account that it succeeded.  After I succeeded on the sysadmin account, I went back to my account and ran it, and it succeeded again.  So I have no idea what all is being done during the setup of the eye calibration, but it seems to need an account with full administrator privileges on the first go.  I'm guessing it creates some stuff that a lesser account can use after it's succeeded once.

The bad news in all of this is that this is a really poor workflow for commercial / research usage, as most companies and universities I know of do NOT allow their users to have full administrative privileges on their PCs.  So even though I have succeeded getting it working on my machine and will be able to write the code and test it here, it's not likely to work on their machines due to this restriction.

Congratulations @DustProductions!  I was admin account when I was stuck. Then I did what I suggested to you. Hence, I am not sure the admin account is necessary @Corvus .  

Hope the HTC Vive Eyer can make our life easier soon!