Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.12.3

C.T.

I have just updated my cosmos to beta 1.0.12.3 and it is the worst experience so far. Half Life Alyx running very strange with kind of lag with input control,  terrible shaking hand, hand tracking is much worst than before....

Before this update, I can still play Half Life Alyx with bearable shit like hand tracking but now it is even worst.....terrible faulty product

HTC, HTC if you have tested this product and you should know this product is not meeting its production standard. You should not release a product which is not able to do its job.

If you continue to be like this, so soon if there are more competitor with better quality and cheaper price tag, you will lose customer loyalty because you really don't care about customer satisfactory. You should issue worldwide recall program for this COSMOS 1st gen undone product. 

image0[1708].jpeg

Edited by lam0218
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 2:54 PM, Fresh_Zin said:

I have to thank mainly for the speed in the update and, secondly, focus on tracking.

Although I realized that I was focused on a few specific games. I did tests not only on them, but also standard tracking tests that I always do. So, I have some points to show

1 - I noticed a slight improvement in the controller above the head
2 - There was a small improvement when I lowered the controls (armrest), they are not moving alone
3 - After the change I made in the room and in today's test, I still had no problems with the random loss of tracking in sudden movements
(WORST) 4 - Here, when things get complicated, my tracking is being totally lost under my head, basically leaning against my chest. Where now it gets lost just by passing it through the bottom camera. So here there was a big worsening.

Note: I know it is not in the update, but just to remember the tracking, it is still totally lost near the cameras (in some games, where you read something and see an item up close, it becomes an annoyance)

But in general, thanks for the update and the speed of the latest version of this one, I hope you continue at that pace.

yes, that's exactly wat im experiencing as well, and the fact u cant move to quick either will cause the tracking to lost when going over head, like in HL:A when reloading gun and putting and grabbing ammo out of backpack

On next release we should all comment in our native language.

A nice mix of portuguese, german, italian.
And the developers should also answer in their language.

Guess who will start ranting then... 😜

• Like 1

@C.T. Unfortunately, I do believe it is something on HTC side of things dealing with application / game performance with the latest update.  Also, update version 1.0.12.3 continues to give me error code 210:  The compositer was disconnected.  Restart Vive console to fix.  Restarted everything, console, SteamVR, and PC in full and it still happens.  

You all are making it very hard to give HTC's VR line-up a fighting chance.  I personally will not give HTC a second chance or thought moving forward.  HTC lost this round. 

On 5/15/2020 at 1:07 AM, lam0218 said:

I have just updated my cosmos to beta 1.0.12.3 and it is the worst experience so far. Half Life Alyx running very strange with kind of lag with input control,  terrible shaking hand, hand tracking is much worst than before....

Before this update, I can still play Half Life Alyx with bearable shit like hand tracking but now it is even worst.....terrible faulty product

HTC, HTC if you have tested this product and you should know this product is not meeting its production standard. You should not release a product which is not able to do its job.

If you continue to be like this, so soon if there are more competitor with better quality and cheaper price tag, you will lose customer loyalty because you really don't care about customer satisfactory. You should issue worldwide recall program for this COSMOS 1st gen undone product. 

image0[1708].jpeg

Was about to ask, why does your cosmos looks so thin. and what happened to the top part of the head strap? Then realized it was upside down. hahahaha

• Like 2

On 5/14/2020 at 4:52 PM, steveo8220 said:

yes, that's exactly wat im experiencing as well, and the fact u cant move to quick either will cause the tracking to lost when going over head, like in HL:A when reloading gun and putting and grabbing ammo out of backpack

Me too.

Very annoying in Beat Saber - if you move too fast, or you're doing something to the left or right extremes, and/or involving your arms going down (bott cam), and sometimes the top cam, it's losing tracking completely making some levels impossible to complete. Seems to affect my left controller mainly, but I think that one is also affected by the bright light from the windows.

I will be going back a version or 2 (if I can).  When the Cosmos works, it's great - but it should be working better than this.

Come on HTC!