Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.12.3

C.T.

VIVE Cosmos 1.0.12.3 – Beta Release Notes 
Released May 12th 2020

[Tracking]  

• Controller
    • Improving user’s feedback on HL:A game experience e.g. covering mouth, shaking hands, and stabilizing multitool puzzles
    • Improving occluded hand lock on rifle weapons in e.g. Arizona Sunshine
    • Overall reduction in occlusion jitter, improving menu selection in e.g. Tilt Brush
  • Thanks 3

I find that what they do now is try to improve customer experience in one game or few games....It is not a fix at all indeed

a fix is that it can fix its core and work well in any games. 

Edited by lam0218
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lam0218 said:

I find that what they do now is try to improve customer experience in one game or few games....It is not a fix at all indeed

a fix is that it can fix its core and work well in any games. 

Fixing problems in specific games has a good chance to fix similar problems in other similar games.

The driver doesn't know what game is running, it just does things in a way that can benefit (or break) all games sharing mentioned mechanics.

Fixing rifles in Arizona Sunshine will probably fix rifles in Pavlov, assuming the grips are positioned the same.

• Like 1

I have to thank mainly for the speed in the update and, secondly, focus on tracking.

Although I realized that I was focused on a few specific games. I did tests not only on them, but also standard tracking tests that I always do. So, I have some points to show

1 - I noticed a slight improvement in the controller above the head
2 - There was a small improvement when I lowered the controls (armrest), they are not moving alone
3 - After the change I made in the room and in today's test, I still had no problems with the random loss of tracking in sudden movements
(WORST) 4 - Here, when things get complicated, my tracking is being totally lost under my head, basically leaning against my chest. Where now it gets lost just by passing it through the bottom camera. So here there was a big worsening.

Note: I know it is not in the update, but just to remember the tracking, it is still totally lost near the cameras (in some games, where you read something and see an item up close, it becomes an annoyance)

But in general, thanks for the update and the speed of the latest version of this one, I hope you continue at that pace.

• Like 1

🥶 toujours mauvais tracking sur la  VERSION BETA 1.0.12.3  sur pavlov vr zombie  pas a c est précis 

pour moi ça  pas changer grand chose le tracking  toujours mauvais

Avec oculus rift  la vision du fusil a deux  main et beaucoup mieux et  précis l impression de tenir un fusil pour visée mais pas avec le cosmos 

to bad the cosmos doesn't support the headset strap cuz this halo strap kills the bk of my head after 30min of play, its like the bk pad is squeezing the skin on bk of head as u tighten it, cant let it loose to much or the weight will cause it to sag in front, the head strap would allow u to pull hmd closer to face, hence the light coming thru the nose area 😛 only prob I have with the cosmos, everything else is groovy 

Still not a smooth and stable fix after 8 months. I really don't want to suffer for using this product. HTC, please issue worldwide recall for this fault product. 

Edited by lam0218
  • Like 1