Base station will not power on after update

I have a Vive Cosmos and have been patiently waiting for the External Tracking Faceplate to arrive. Well, it finally did and I was ecstatic! I swapped the faceplates, plugged in my brand new 1.0 stations, paired the brand new Index controllers, and everything worked great! As I was getting ready to stop for the day, SteamVR said the controllers, base stations, and headset needed an update. I updated everything successfully and went to bed. I went to play today and now one of the base stations will not power on at all. I tried both power cables and nothing. Please tell me I'm not screwed after waiting all of this time for this external tracking solution! I can't get it powered on no matter what! Thanks!

48 minutes ago, joellipenta said:

I have a Vive Cosmos and have been patiently waiting for the External Tracking Faceplate to arrive. Well, it finally did and I was ecstatic! I swapped the faceplates, plugged in my brand new 1.0 stations, paired the brand new Index controllers, and everything worked great! As I was getting ready to stop for the day, SteamVR said the controllers, base stations, and headset needed an update. I updated everything successfully and went to bed. I went to play today and now one of the base stations will not power on at all. I tried both power cables and nothing. Please tell me I'm not screwed after waiting all of this time for this external tracking solution! I can't get it powered on no matter what! Thanks!

Cancel this. I tried copying the firmware from the working base station and could not get my PC to recognize it no matter what. Turns out it was the cable. New cable, copied firmware from "good" to "bad", and I'm back in business. Whew. Thanks!

• Like 3