Having trouble redeeming Half-Life: Alyx from your Cosmos Elite bundle code?

chihyi

If you’re having trouble redeeming Half-Life: Alyx during the OOBE process from your Cosmos Elite purchase, please visit here to get your game.

You can click the “Have a question” button on the right-hand side if you can ‘t redeem the code successfully. Or you can reach out to our support channel directly (vive_care@vive.com ). 

hla redeem.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 6:50 PM, chihyi said:

If you’re having trouble redeeming Half-Life: Alyx during the OOBE process from your Cosmos Elite purchase, please visit here to get your game.

You can click the “Have a question” button on the right-hand side if you can ‘t redeem the code successfully. Or you can reach out to our support channel directly (vive_care@vive.com ). 

hla redeem.png

Is it true that with a new Elite you have the choice of 6 months Infinity subscription or HLA, but not both?

Now that this has gone to a Vive ticket, which I did not ask for, all I get is;

Dear user,
Please provide the below information for us to double confirm on your issue
Thanks!

• Redemption code that came with your VIVE bundle

• Order confirmation letter

• S/N

3 hours ago, stvnxu said:

Hi @TomCgcmfc,

Apologies on the delay & confusion here. Currently, there is no promo bundle available with the Elite faceplate. 

Ok, thanks for letting me know.  Kinda makes the Elite faceplate upgrade even less attractive.  It's currently priced at aud$350.

I finally got the info regarding HLA vs Infinity options with the full Elite bundle from Vive Support;

Dear user,

Thanks for reaching out.
We do provide two options for Elite.
One for HALF-LIFE+ VIVEPORT, another with VIVEPORT Infinity for user under 18.
To proceed your issue, we do need your full information include bundle code on the blue card and SN.
Once compensation is needed, we'd insert a code into your bundle code and send an auto-delivery email with instructions.
Hope this message explain you well.  End of reply*****

So, in my Aussie Vive store it says you get HLA + VivePort Infinity (does not say for how long, probably 4-6 months?) only with the full Elite bundle (aud$1,699) and the Elite headset-only (aud$1,099).  HLA  is currently aud$85 on the Steam store btw.

Interesting  that the Vive Pro headset-only is aud$150 less than Elite headset-only (aud$949 vs aud$1,099).  The Pro headset-only comes with free Infinity (again, probably 4-6 mo?) and includes all cables and a proper Link Box w/BT so you can use the SteamVR to put your base stations into sleep mode.  You can also use the Pro's front cameras for pass-though.  Plus the Pro has very nice oled screens vs lcd on the Cosmos (which are still pretty good).

If an aussie wanted to upgrade their current OG Vive setup. the Vive Pro headset-only would be the better option imho.

"If an aussie wanted to upgrade their current OG Vive setup. the Vive Pro headset-only would be the better option imho." - I don't disagree with this given the current promo. In addition, I believe Vive Pro is discontinued here in North America already so... it's a rare item! 

• Like 1