Cable Management? What is everyone using to keep Cables off the Ground?

likenewpcs

Nice! I rigged up something similar based on your system. While I haven't tested it extensively yet, I think it works really well! I only have about 2x2 meters to use for roomscale. Also, no more stepping on the cable when getting up from a crouched position... :P Thanks for sharing!

• 9 months later...

:

Players unknowingly(While in the VR mode) move forward/ backwards or sideways and entangle themselves into Headset Cable which eventually makes them at risk. 

We have not had instances of players falling down, but cases where they have to stop playing, remove their headset and declutter the wires formed around, or needs someone to help around.

The Familiar option of Hanging the wires on top isn't aesthetically pleasing, gives a disorderly look.

Would be grateful if you can suggest a solution for this.

Thanks,
Vivek

Ah, so more accurately, the problem is that players are getting tangled, not falling down.

I always recommend unwinding your cables between play sessions. That can go a long way. Of course, you could just shed cables all together and get something like TPCast or our upcoming wireless adapter.

Thanks,

-John C

• 1 month later...

I too find that I get tangled up quite a bit playing shooters.  I attached a hook to my ceiling and used a retractable badge lanyard to the cable. Problem was, when you stand under it, the cable will hang down in your face and can interrupt immersion. I like that one fella's belt idea but the 3-in-1 cable is too short for my 4m² play space. As it stands, if I get to the far corners of my room, I can feel the weight of the cable pulling my head back slightly. Wireless sounds like the right way to go for sure. It may have been possible to come up with a single cable that can freely spin with power, USB and HDMI each wrapped around each other in insulated concentric rings so that the cable could rotate freely as you make your way around your room.

My best tip to keep the main cable out the way whilst gaming on the vive is if you can hook it up on an eyelet curtain rail on the central support is that is an option to you.

It keeps the cable off the floor and just works perfect (provided you can reach one from your play area).

I was using it like this just last night playing ready player one games (the gunter hunter) and never had problems with the cable in my way.

If you wanted to you could also purposly mount one of these supports onto your ceiling which would work just as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived