Bluetooth Not Waking Base Stations

mikemc

I've had various BT issues since I got my Vive Cosmos Elite. I've resolved most of them by doing a fresh install of Windows 10 and getting everything fully updated. I only have one problem now: the integrated BCM20703 controller chip stops working after some amount of time. This prevents waking up Base Stations (1.0) and it disconnects my phone from Viveport. The work around is relatively simple. All I do is go into Device Manager, disable and then enable the BT device. This resets it and it allows SteamVR to wake up and put to sleep the Base Stations and reconnect to my phone (Note 10+, btw).

When I've had problems like this in the past with other Bluetooth devices, one potential solution was changing the Windows power management features to where it never sleeps the controller. Unfortunately, as the BCM20703 device included with the Cosmos is not a full BT controller but rather just a device, those setting are missing from Windows.

It would be really great if the engineering team could give us some kind of solution here. I know I'm not the only one with this issue. I can try to dump the state of the BCM drive when it's not working if that will help. I'd like it to start working as intended. I really feel like there's a simple solution we can find.

If anyone else has issues with BT connectivity with their Base Stations or phone, please chime in.

@C.T. @stvnxu