Vive Bluetooth + On Board Bluetooth

mikemc

I got my Cosmos Elite setup about a week ago. After biting the bullet and buying a new MSI motherboard and Ryzen to fix the Asus USB3.1 controller issues, everything is working pretty well. The only problem I seem to have is Bluetooth devices, Cosmos related and otherwise, occasionally have trouble reconnecting. This happens with my phone, my DS4 controller and my SteamVR 1.0 tracking stations. Eventually they all reconnect on retry/reconnect, but I'm not sure what is causing the issue. I have a feeling it's related to both the Vive Converter and my MSI motherboard both having active Bluetooth controllers.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Has anyone had luck with connecting non-VR peripherals to the Vive Converter or with connecting VR components to your exiting Bluetooth controller?

Are either of these possible at all?

TIA

@C.T.

@mikemc - I haven't heard anything on this front but the bluetooth receiver that's used for general/power management of the stations is contained within the external tracking faceplate and is not involved at all with your laptops integrated bluetooth radio so that's extra confusing. It could just be a PC specific thing - you could try to isolate out windows by doing a clean install of your OS if you're feeling like using the nuclear optionn (I personally advocate for cleaning installing 1-2 a year minimum, especially on VR machines). The only environmental thing that comes to mind is that you may have alot of co-channel interference from 2.4Ghz WiFi or another RF source (i.e. you lived near a radio/TV tower, a ton of WiFi networks, or high voltage electrical lines).

• Like 1

Oh ok. I assumed the controller was in the Converter like the Vive's was in the Link Box. I'll do some more experimentation by trying to disable my on board radio and see what still works, or see if I can still connect my phone to VivePort. One possibility is that all these connectivity issues are old and I'm just noticing. That's why I wanted to ask around. Thanks for your time.