Problem With HTC Vive App

ViTaLC0D3R

• 2 weeks later...

, I'll need a bit more information from you if we're going to solve this.

Are you getting the same error? (A screenshot would be helpful if the error is different.)

We still need to determine whether the account you're using to login to the forums is the account you're logging in to Viveport with.

To check what 'type' of account you're logged in with, check your profile here. (Log in if you need to.) There under the account's email address, you'll see whether you're using an HTC login, or a different one. Let me know what it says, and we can try to push this along.

You're getting the same error code, and you're logging in via your Steam account, correct?

Have you tried creating a separate HTC account at HTCsense? Sign up here. Don't use the same email and password combo as Steam, just for ease of remembering!

Then when you have that account made, logout of Viveport, do the same browser cache clear, and try setup again. It should prompt you to login to an account. Use the HTC login you just created.

• 5 weeks later...

I am getting the same error as the original poster. My Vive app has worked for several months. No changes. Two days ago it began crashing. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Log in is the only HTC log in I have ever had. After each install the app will open then immediately crash giving me the exact error the OP has reported. After that any attempts to open the app will not work. Meaning clicking the icon for the app does not open it. I have gone through the exercise of uninstalling and reinstalling about three times with exact results every time. I have paid content on Vive that I am unable to access.

Archived