Unable to retrieve Texture2D from ViveSR_DualCameraImageCapture on Unity

jaron_j2

Hi there, I am attempting a AR project using the Vive Pro Eye and SR Works. I am unsure how may I extract out a Texture2D from the front cameras to be passed on to 'OpenCV for Unity' for Aruco marker detection.

After looking through the SRWorks SDK, I came across ViveSR_DualCameraImageCapture.cs which will properly be the likely script to use. I have attempted getting the Texture2D from ViveSR_DualCameraImageCapture.GetUndistortedTexture() but I am without success.

I am seeking any advice on how to use ViveSR_DualCameraImageCapture.cs and/or if anyone has success at Aruco marker detection using Vive SRWorks. Many thanks!

Hi jaron and others,

Actually I'm trying to get the exact same thing to work with my Vive Pro and Aruco markers however I didn't have any success yet. 
I use this package as a base for the Aruco tracking: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/tutorials/ar-marker-detector-80086

It works well with my Logitech Webcam.
Hope that the SR Works team can help us out.

• 1 month later...

You can get the texture buffer of camera image in ViveSR_DaulCameraImageCapture.cs

There are four textures in our script.(TextureDistoredLeft, TextureDistoredRight, TextureUndistoredLeft, TextureUndistoredRight)
And you can find out more detailed information in Vive.Plugin.SR.ViveSR_DualCameraImageCapture.Initial().

The texture buffer can be converted to OpenCV mat.