No display on HTC Vive Cosmos Elite

Nivelis

9 hours ago, jhayrehd2020 said:

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Can I also have the build?

I have reported the issue already.

Trace No.

@C.T.

Can you confirm if you have installed the vive cosmos software as mentioned above ?

Thanks 

Hello, i had these same issues today. (just got my cosmos elite with wireless)
Managed to somehow fix mine.

1. Delete all Viveport installs and wireless for me (might not need this)
  2. Open the Vive Console
  3. Settings
  4. Wireless - Turn it on............ (re pair the headset.)
    At this stage the software was able to pair up, connect to SteamVR and Display was fixed. (cable might have been lose also, did re-plug this one a lot.)
  5. Check About and update

dunno2.PNG

Just to let you guys know that I think I was able to find a solution, at least to my one. I uninstalled steam VR fully and reinstalled it again using the methods i found from the steam community forum https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/2/1640917625015598552/?tscn=1567730134

Before I reinstalled Steam VR I had to disable my internet security because it seem to always pick up a false positive threat from steam during installation. I can't explain the full detail but you can look it up yourself. I made sure that my internet security is disable during installation and enabled it again after installation.

I also made sure to restart the computer after uninstalling Steam VR. I then unplugged the Display port and USB cables for the headset. I then plugged the cables back before I installed Steam VR again. I didn't have to restart the computer after installation because the headset immediately functioned perfectly after installation.

My problem have been solved for now. Hopefully it stays this way.

Process:

Uninstall Steam VR using the method from the Steam Community https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/2/1640917625015598552/?tscn=1567730134

Restart Computer

Unplug DP and USB cables

Plug both DP and USB cables

Disable Internet Security Application

Install Steam VR through the tools library on steam.

Don't forget to enable your Internet Security once the headset is working.

Hopefully this helps.

I have exactly the same problem. But it looks like he can't download the final 1200MB update he want then he directly goes to the setup without downloading and at the end he gives the error. But everything works fine but only no video or signal on the headset. It gives a red light. Did you fixed it? please let me know.