One of my lighthouses took a bit tumble help?

JohnyDL

One of my lighthouses fell from where I secured it last night (it's been there 7 days the whole mount came off the wall) and now doesn't seem to want to turn on, I'm not sure what to do, I've had my Cosmos Elite for a week now. Do I need to assume it's dead and need's replacing? is there anything I could try to trouble shoot this problem? The first day I had them the other lighthouse did it's own jump to the floor while I was setting them up and survived, so I didn't think they were that fragile... I'm not sure what to do? @stvnxu

Okay so for others with this problem the answer:

First don't panic. It may seem like the end of the world when something like this happens but it's really not
Second, you can play VR with only one base station. the tracking can have bad moments but it still works, you're not going to be without VR although you may lose out on quality temporarily
Third get in contact with Customer Services, I couldn't do this right away cause they were closed when I first posted but they'll help, a repair should always be cheaper than a total replacement.
Fourth and finally having a spare. If you've broken one Lighthouse you might want to think about keeping a spare. You can't mix and match 1.0 and 2.0 because syncing uses a different technique/technology between generations. 2.0 you can use up to 4 lighthouses at the same time for the same setup so a third station will only improve tracking if you have a third, 1.0 you can use only 2 bases but again having a spare may help you down the line, if one stops working you can recover the set up in a near instant with the spare and arrange sending in the broken one for repair, and right now the value of second hand base stations is almost the same as new, and this is likely to remain the case for a while if you want to sell your spare on ebay once you have had your repair you'll not lose much if any money spent on the spare itself.

• Thanks 1