Vive Cosmos Elite, Can you flip the display output?

Message added by C.T.

For those of you still seeing upside down issues with Elite Headset.

1. Make sure your GPU is supported, Link
2. Make sure your GPU driver is up to date
3. Make sure you are connected to the DP from GPU
    Best way to check it is referring to the user manual, or turn on NVIDIA control panel -> config surround, physX page.

If above are checked out and you are still getting the error, feel free to PM me with trace number of issue number for direct support.

Thanks

Just an update on my situation. I had forgot to mention that I'm running a 10th gen Intel laptop+integrated graphics with an AMD Radeon 5700 XT external GPU connected via Thunderbolt 3. I actually had the inverted headset issue occur a few days after uninstall/reinstall and I think I figured out the issue. So my setup is: VIVE headset connected to Graphics card Displayport in eGPU and Vive USB connected via USB to Laptop. When I have my Laptop screen on and run VIVE Console it launches the headset with inverted screen - I am assuming the system is confusing itself as my laptop monitor is detecting the integrated graphics while the headset is detecting the 5700 XT. What I have to do is have my eGPU connected to my monitor (I used HDMI on graphics card) and change my setting to Project to Second Screen only (Monitor plugged in to eGPU). After that I plug in the power to my VIVE and run VIVE Console. Have not had any issues since.

Edited by UnknownHero
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ampersand Tilde said:

Sure thing!

Trace No.: 20200514185805

It looks like the laptop you're using doesn't have the DP connection routed to the Nvidia GTX 1050 GPU, only the Intel iGPU, as it's not considered VR Ready.

image.png.2f2c0d9f8c5ae3c9e2296275368f27f0.png

10 hours ago, Shen Ye said:

It looks like the laptop you're using doesn't have the DP connection routed to the Nvidia GTX 1050 GPU, only the Intel iGPU, as it's not considered VR Ready.

image.png.2f2c0d9f8c5ae3c9e2296275368f27f0.png

Yes it  connects to the intel regardless but it's running off the 1050 chipset. It just uses the same ports for both as a sort of passthrough. At least that's how I understand it. Either way it runs perfectly fine it's just upside down.

@Ampersand Tilde

• The GTX1050 is unfortunately below the minimum requirements for first-gen consumer headsets (OG Vive, Rift CV1...) and is far below the min reqs for higher resolution second generation gear (Pro/Cosmos/Elite/ect...).
  • The display is upside down because SteamVR is unable to "enumerate" (initialize) the HMD on that graphics card and enable direct display mode.
  • You may be able to some simpler content on lower resolutions on a WMR headset using that GPU but otherwise it's simply not VR-ready.

10 minutes ago, VibrantNebula said:

@Ampersand Tilde

• The GTX1050 is unfortunately below the minimum requirements for first-gen consumer headsets (OG Vive, Rift CV1...) and is far below the min reqs for higher resolution second generation gear (Pro/Cosmos/Elite/ect...).
  • The display is upside down because SteamVR is unable to "enumerate" (initialize) the HMD on that graphics card and enable direct display mode.
  • You may be able to some simpler content on lower resolutions on a WMR headset using that GPU but otherwise it's simply not VR-ready.

That makes no sense. I can plug a 4k tv into a terrible old computer it's not going to turn the screen upside down because the computer is too old for the tv.

20 minutes ago, Ampersand Tilde said:

That makes no sense. I can plug a 4k tv into a terrible old computer it's not going to turn the screen upside down because the computer is too old for the tv.

It expecially won't turn the screen upside down and display it perfectly at the required resolution. It'll complain at you and run at a lower resolution. I can't even do simpler content on it which is all I got it for.

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, C.T. said:

@adamay05 please follow the overhead msg instruction, if it is still not working, send me a bug report.

Thanks 

Its still not working by bug report i assume u mean the trouble shoot code thing my trace number is 20200615183648