Vive Cosmos Elite, Can you flip the display output?

Message added by C.T.

For those of you still seeing upside down issues with Elite Headset.

1. Make sure your GPU is supported, Link
2. Make sure your GPU driver is up to date
3. Make sure you are connected to the DP from GPU
    Best way to check it is referring to the user manual, or turn on NVIDIA control panel -> config surround, physX page.

If above are checked out and you are still getting the error, feel free to PM me with trace number of issue number for direct support.

Thanks

20 hours ago, Shen Ye said:

Great. Also please let us know if there's an error code of some sort as well. Thanks!

Reset via Vive console already and it downloaded all modules again.  Still upside down

Same issue here. Tried resetting and reinstalling multiple ways and times. Also deleted the default Steam VR Settings cache and removed USB Devices via Steam VR in case my (Sadly returned due to breakage) Vive Pro had leftover artifacts. Every time I have the headset on the x and y axis are inverted, to the point where turning upside down looks the exact same

Thoughts?

@Shen Ye @C.T.

8 hours ago, Norava said:

Same issue here. Tried resetting and reinstalling multiple ways and times. Also deleted the default Steam VR Settings cache and removed USB Devices via Steam VR in case my (Sadly returned due to breakage) Vive Pro had leftover artifacts. Every time I have the headset on the x and y axis are inverted, to the point where turning upside down looks the exact same

Thoughts?

@Shen Ye @C.T.

can you help give a few more details please? Which headset? What are you PC specs?
If you can, please also use the Report Issue function and provide a trace number

11 hours ago, Shen Ye said:

Is there anything specific to your Windows To Go install? e.g. which specific Windows Version, is it the standard setup with a certified WTG USB or a modified setup?

It's Windows 10 version 1903 18362.30 manually patched to .295, and installed with Apple standard Boot Camp Driver.  The SSD drive is NVMe type USB-C.  It's a custom built using apple_set_os.efi as bootloader daisy chain to the default bootx64.efi bootloader.  It's to avoid the notorious error 12 of AMD display card.

@Shen Ye @C.T.

Hey guys, facing the same issue. On Steam VR the vr view on the desktop is on the correct orientation. I am using the HTC Vive Cosmos Elite and the view is upside down. One thing to note is that on the Vive console, it shows me an error 003? and it was a compositor error prompting me to restart vive console however Steam VR works fine along with games. I was able to start a game and it shows right side up but my headset is upside down. I attempted to reset the room setup and height works normally. I am running off a Xeon E5- 2690 and a GTX970-DCMOC-4GD5 which only has one DP slot. Let me know if you need me to send you any extra information.

7 hours ago, dappy9 said:

@Shen Ye @C.T.

Hey guys, facing the same issue. On Steam VR the vr view on the desktop is on the correct orientation. I am using the HTC Vive Cosmos Elite and the view is upside down. One thing to note is that on the Vive console, it shows me an error 003? and it was a compositor error prompting me to restart vive console however Steam VR works fine along with games. I was able to start a game and it shows right side up but my headset is upside down. I attempted to reset the room setup and height works normally. I am running off a Xeon E5- 2690 and a GTX970-DCMOC-4GD5 which only has one DP slot. Let me know if you need me to send you any extra information.

Assuming you're not using any display adapters or 3rd party cables?

Could you also use the Report Issue function and send over the trace number please?

• Like 1