Got my Cosmos and I'm so disappointed!

(Sorry for my English....I'm Portuguese)

I was hopping that Cosmos would be Great.... the image would really improve....  and it seems that the definition is good but the lenses....my God! Are horrible! Image is to much distorted on the edges....You have a litle....real litle spot to look in front so that you can see more or less without blurriness

I used Ps4vr and even ps4vr is better in lenses quality....Why ?

And before any one tell me to take out the protective film on the lenses etc or to adjust my IPD or adjust the position etc etc....I have tryed everything... My IPD it's 68mm

Also I fell that the lenses are to far from my eyes. So my FOV is very small....also the PSVR is much better in this mater....

I'm really disappointed!

Any one? Any clues? Should I move to another brand? I've spend 830€ for this one...

@C.T. @stvnxu

Hi,

I had this problem to begin with but I simply wasn't putting the headset on correctly. The halo band sits higher on your head than other headsets.

What I do now is:

Lift the visor up and put the lenses at your eyes and put it in a position where the image is clear.

Then lower the headband down on to your head and tighten the halo band using the dial at the back

Now tighten the strap at the top of your head

This works for me and i find the image nice and clear. 

14 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

Hi,

I had this problem to begin with but I simply wasn't putting the headset on correctly. The halo band sits higher on your head than other headsets.

What I do now is:

Lift the visor up and put the lenses at your eyes and put it in a position where the image is clear.

Then lower the headband down on to your head and tighten the halo band using the dial at the back

Now tighten the strap at the top of your head

This works for me and i find the image nice and clear. 

Thanks for the help but I already tried that.  Let'me try to explain better: I can manage to focus if I look straight ahead in one small spot. but everything around is blurry....Also I can definitely see those circular effects that we can see on the lenses...

I also try by removing the side foams to get a bit close to the lenses. ..When I approach my eyes from the lenses it gets a little better but still too much blurriness no the edges....For me this is just bad lenses or something damaged...

I'm very frustrated....

I play Elite Dangerous and It was fine with ps4vr the only problem with ps4vr is the lack of definition but for sure the FOV its a lot superior ...really ...If I could give it back I would...

I had that at the beginning, ESPECIALLY with Elite Dangerous.

1) Make sure you are wearing it correctly. It's very easy to way it too high or too low and throw everything out of whack.

2) Remember to check your IPD setting with the little knob on the side.

3) Glasses. If you are short sighted and need glasses during daily life, you need to wear glasses in VR.

While most games played great, I kept having focus problems in Elite Dangerous and everything was a blur, especially when reading the side screens in your spaceship. In the end, the problem was my eyesight.

I went to my optician, and I actually needed to revise my prescription since a few years had passed since my last one. Got new lenses fitted for my new needs, and vision in the Cosmos has been 20/20 ever since. Elite Dangerous included.

Edited by Shevron

olà @jvicente1971

Eu tamben jogo a Elite Dangerous, e naõ encontro os teus problemas ! antes de jogar, limpo bem as lentes do HMD, e como diz o nosso amigo @Shevron, o positionamento do casquo è muito importante, eu jogo sem à alça acima da cabeca ajuda muito.

Translate : I also play Elite Dangerous, and I can't find your problems! before playing, I clean the lenses of the HMD well, and as our friend @Shevron says, the positioning of the HMD is very important, I play without the strap above the head helps a lot.

Bom dia

Obrigado pelas respostas. 

Good morning, Thanks for the answers. Yesterday I went to the process again, trying to adjust it as you advise. I have glasses -1,25 each eye and it's the actual prescription because went to doctor 2 months ago. The glasses fit more or less fine in the headset...here no problem!

Despite I could manage to improve a bit the position and image the problem persists. I can tell you that PSVR have a lot more FOV and particularly on the edges we can look for the side panels in Elite Dangerous turning our head less than with the Cosmos. And because of the lack of focus on the edges, we really need to turn our head and look straight in front so that we can read the letters...

I was expecting more from a product that costs 830€ 

Also I suppose that OLED might be better for games like Elite Dangerous, because of the blacks...Correct me if I'm wrong ...The contrast in the blacks is not good in Cosmos...

I think I made a mistake choosing LCD over OLED for Elite Dangerous....

Unfortunately almost every headset is out of stock at the moment...

I was aiming for the HP Reverb because of its resolution but I read a lot of bad opinions about the difficulty for people using glasses etc...

Valve Index have Base stations and I really don't like the idea of placing base stations on my living room...

Any Ideas? What Headset should be better for someone that use glasses, have 67mm IPD and mainly play games like Elite Dangerous???

With base stations comes accuracy. God knows how a lot of us are praying for the tracking plate to come out so we can actually use bases!

I wouldn't know buddy. I have no problems in Elite personally with the  Cosmos.

From experience I know the Oculus is HORRIBLE with glasses. The only other VR's I ever tried was the good old Vive, and the Cosmos. And I love the Cosmos for its screen, resolution and comfort. It would be perfect if they every solved the controller issues,

• Like 2

@jvicente1971 not a gamer, but referring to your previous statement about HP Reverb I evaluated it too for professional usage, but does have a narrow FoV and Windows Mixed Reality tracking is renowed to be not so good, last time I looked at YouTube for usage examples was almost all on racing or flight sim, really not needing 6DoF.

I personally find Cosmos good and using it with lenses, as other state need to adjust it regularly, trying to push it even during action to find best position, after that working fine. 

Edited by davide445
  • Like 1

HI Again

I manage to find a better spot placing the headset a litlle higher. But the propblem persists.

Now I have another question! Is there any way to swithc betwen seated position and room scale position without going trough the setup procedure every time? I change from Elite dangerous for another game and need to setup room again?