Cosmos controllers being recognised at Vive controllers

I am having the same problem with my controllers. I had the HTC Vive  and it broke down so I now have the new vive Cosmo. Some of the games I tried to play wont recognise the new cosmo handset. I look for games that play either cosmo and HTC Vive. I mostly want cosmo. Star trek Bridge where the controllers are hands. I can use the cosmo controller keys but they are different to the HTC Vive. Its all trial and error but with some movements I cant do as there are not enough buttons. I'm at a loss  as to what to do. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

On 4/19/2020 at 1:16 PM, coffeedit said:

I am having the same problem with my controllers. I had the HTC Vive  and it broke down so I now have the new vive Cosmo. Some of the games I tried to play wont recognise the new cosmo handset. I look for games that play either cosmo and HTC Vive. I mostly want cosmo. Star trek Bridge where the controllers are hands. I can use the cosmo controller keys but they are different to the HTC Vive. Its all trial and error but with some movements I cant do as there are not enough buttons. I'm at a loss  as to what to do. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

I've played this game with Cosmos and OG VIVE. The corresponding buttons on both CR are almost the same.

I wonder which button/function you cannot find, maybe I can share the experience with you imho.

• Thanks 1

Hi @coffeedit, I'm echoing @w.y here regarding Star Trek Bridge for both Cosmos and OG VIVE. 

Regarding other games, you can always create your own custom bindings to work with your Cosmos controllers. It's a great feature provided by SteamVR and here are the instructions to get there:

1. SteamVR
  2. SteamVR Dashboard (three lines on top left corner)
  3. Devices
  4. Controller Settings
  5. Select game
  6. Select Cosmos controller (make sure your cosmos controllers are on)
  7. Select Community Binding and apply. 
  8. Play

Steve