Jump to content
 
C.T.

Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.11.2

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hamez88 said:

You don't really understand the situation the world is in do you.

Hello, I understand, so much so that I even commented on them working with reduced staff due to the pandemic, read the text again that you will see. I am working at home office which I believe that many of their employees are also. And even if you caught it before the pandemic, there was a delay between months to launch beta versions / final version, and noting the date of the end of March (where the pandemic already existed and there were already many infected) they released a beta version with a difference of 3 days and after 7 days launched the final version of 1.10.11.2. And remembering that the launch of the elite cosmos was also close to that date. So I believe that talking about the situation in the world because of the delay is just an excuse, the situation has just gone crazy, but the protection measures for the pandemic have been in effect for several months.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

by the time its tracking ability is matching Rift S, this product is already outdated....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my thoughts on this TRACKING issue:

PROS:  HTC staff did make a big dent with this update, that we all been on for far too long.  It's not RIFT S grade, but nice I must say. 

 

CONS:  Tracking still gets stuck/paused when aiming in FPS with the COSMOS.  Also, as mentioned earlier we are in a pandemic.  However, HTC released a new product to market (COSMOS Elite + Faceplate add-on/up sale) during the pandemic.  The organization has remote/home office operations to communication, distribution, and all that good stuff to make revenue still.  Bottom line is we are still seeking answers and actions to make the initial investment of value.  It's not of value at the moment...

HTC has a team still updating the company website, sku#'s, payroll, etc.  

 

 

Oculus last update was April 15 - Oculus is active and updating their consumers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Subzer0 said:

Just my thoughts on this TRACKING issue:

PROS:  HTC staff did make a big dent with this update, that we all been on for far too long.  It's not RIFT S grade, but nice I must say. 

 

CONS:  Tracking still gets stuck/paused when aiming in FPS with the COSMOS.  Also, as mentioned earlier we are in a pandemic.  However, HTC released a new product to market (COSMOS Elite + Faceplate add-on/up sale) during the pandemic.  The organization has remote/home office operations to communication, distribution, and all that good stuff to make revenue still.  Bottom line is we are still seeking answers and actions to make the initial investment of value.  It's not of value at the moment...

HTC has a team still updating the company website, sku#'s, payroll, etc.  

 

 

Oculus last update was April 15 - Oculus is active and updating their consumers.

Oculus rift S is perfect with its tracking ability. I have using it on Half Life Alyx. The oculus rift s controller also has perfect feedback in vibration. 

Cosmos is really bad in Alyx, when my two hand is overlapping each other, the tracking constanly just fail....WHY IT CONSTANTLY FAIL ???? If it is a product design faulty, please recall this product or give a option for free faceplate and sensor although I bought cosmos is because of its simplicity and better resolution and FOV than Rift S.

 

Edited by lam0218

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 12:16 PM, lam0218 said:

Oculus rift S is perfect with its tracking ability. I have using it on Half Life Alyx. The oculus rift s controller also has perfect feedback in vibration. 

Cosmos is really bad in Alyx, when my two hand is overlapping each other, the tracking constanly just fail....WHY IT CONSTANTLY FAIL ???? If it is a product design faulty, please recall this product or give a option for free faceplate and sensor although I bought cosmos is because of its simplicity and better resolution and FOV than Rift S.

 

I chose the cosmos for the same reason. I would only be able to buy 1 headset and I chose it. However today I am starting to regret it. As I said above I don't have the option of having 2 - 3 headsets I had a huge difficulty in buying 1 hahaha (and I'm still finishing paying). I am really upset with the lack of information and the progress of the updates. 8 months of release and I still can't fix the tracking (despite having a huge improvement, but far from perfect), the product that arrived already defective they would have to have a huge team to fix it until it is perfect, launching beta updates every week and final versions 1x per month (as it was in the beginning). It seems that after version 1.0.9.6 (Where was the biggest leap in improvement) and the launch of the cosmos elite, they forgot about the cosmos, remembering that this version only had a big improvement compared to the launch but the product still has many problems. I know valve and have been using its services for 14 years (steam) and the first time I am really disappointed with their product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 12:43 AM, Fresh_Zin said:

Hello, I understand, so much so that I even commented on them working with reduced staff due to the pandemic, read the text again that you will see. I am working at home office which I believe that many of their employees are also. And even if you caught it before the pandemic, there was a delay between months to launch beta versions / final version, and noting the date of the end of March (where the pandemic already existed and there were already many infected) they released a beta version with a difference of 3 days and after 7 days launched the final version of 1.10.11.2. And remembering that the launch of the elite cosmos was also close to that date. So I believe that talking about the situation in the world because of the delay is just an excuse, the situation has just gone crazy, but the protection measures for the pandemic have been in effect for several months.

Yes i see that you said it but you have contradicted yourself further on in your OP along side in other topics and posts about the time factor it takes to push out these updates, so NO you really do not understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...