Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.11.2

C.T.

31 minutes ago, OuiMurphOui said:

Only sinper stance? How about archery?

Hi, @OuiMurphOui

I'm playing Asgard Wrath, and the archery is widely used (Tyr Combat for exemple), the only advice i can give you is not to rush when trying to tighten the rope 🤪 i know it's not easy in action but it helped me a lot.

My firmware release is the public

image.png.b186111b1a34206465da96ad6ea81820.png

This update broke something!

I had the 1.0.11.1 beta and played as recently as today, and then updated to 1.0.11.2 - after that was done I restarted SteamVR and the headset and controllers where listed as Tracking and On. But in-game the controllers aren't showing up, I can press the menu button for both VIVE Lens and SteamVR but there is no pointer to navigate.

I rebooted my PC, switched USB 3.0-port, In VIVE Console I cleared Environment detail and Reseted headset and settings... now when I get to the room setup the still issue still persist.

When I'm looking at the controllers they're blinking, not like they're trying to synk, but incredible fast like an HDD LED indicator with 50 blinks per second.

Any tips how to fix it?

3 minutes ago, Risby said:

This update broke something!

I had the 1.0.11.1 beta and played as recently as today, and then updated to 1.0.11.2 - after that was done I restarted SteamVR and the headset and controllers where listed as Tracking and On. But in-game the controllers aren't showing up, I can press the menu button for both VIVE Lens and SteamVR but there is no pointer to navigate.

I rebooted my PC, switched USB 3.0-port, In VIVE Console I cleared Environment detail and Reseted headset and settings... now when I get to the room setup the still issue still persist.

When I'm looking at the controllers they're blinking, not like they're trying to synk, but incredible fast like an HDD LED indicator with 50 blinks per second.

Any tips how to fix it?

Normally, your issue should be resolved by power cycle HMD ->  clear environment data -> redo roomsetup.

Feel free to PM if that's still not the case.

17 hours ago, Risby said:

I went back to Public for both VIVE Console and SteamVR and it works again, will try and upgrade again to beta for each and test between as well.

I c ,,,thanks for letting us know. We will have internal review on this symptom.

I found the tracking really depends on the lighting of the room, not sure this particular update did much to improve. In the previous patches, sometimes the tracking is really good, you can do nice overlaps (occlusions and two hand holding without much problem) but sometimes is really bad, like going all over the place... it is particularly bad during the day, when sun light is allowed in the room. with the curtain drawn it is a bit better, but still not great. when at night when using in-door lights the tracking performs overall better, but not always. after this update I found it crashed my steam VR a few times, like same issue with some other users. then the tracking becomes really bad, like I couldnt even play half life alyx at all. before it was fine, i manage to complete the game without much issue with version 1.0.11.1 I think. Really hope vive could fix this tracking problem in the future, also I found the online tracking guidance a nice improvement, because it acknowledges the limitation of this particular device. but with that said, it will be nice to have tracking working with a wide range of lighting conditions/setups. Thank you VIVE. I wish not to return this product 

• Like 3

hi all,

me what I noticed especially is that when the batteries of the controllers are weak the tracking is very bad, which is normal, but when the batteries are replaced, the tracking does not improve except restarting steamvr + vive console

• Like 1