Image always a bit blurry

MrTotoro

Hello, 

This is my first post as I recently got the HTC vive cosmos. This is my first vr headset. And I have a question. 

The image is always a bit blurry, it looks like the headset is not well put on my head, I am always moving it (putting the headset higher) . I think that I am using it badly. How would you recommend to place the headset on the head? Or maybe on the face. 

Thank you for your help. 

I'm a new user too.  I've found that you need to open up the halo more than you think so the back can go a bit lower down on your head.

If (like me) you have a larger head(!) you need to make sure the strap that goes over your head has been released and reset enough so that you can do  that properly. Losen the strap first, adjust halo, then tighten the strap.

Last, I found that if you re-adjust the headset while playing, the nose flaps move, which allows warm air to leak in from your nose. I think this is why it's best to put your face into it like in the manual, otherwise you can get steamed up in no time!

On 3/28/2020 at 7:28 AM, MrTotoro said:

Hello, 

This is my first post as I recently got the HTC vive cosmos. This is my first vr headset. And I have a question. 

The image is always a bit blurry, it looks like the headset is not well put on my head, I am always moving it (putting the headset higher) . I think that I am using it badly. How would you recommend to place the headset on the head? Or maybe on the face. 

Thank you for your help. 

Do you use glasses?  The focal length for the Cosmos is ~5-6ft so if you need glasses at that distance use them.

9 hours ago, NRip said:

hi @TomCgcmfc

i use glasses, but unfortunately my glasses are too big, and touch the lenses, only solution for me : lens. snifff

Well, maybe get smaller frames (mine are 140x40mm and fit well) with high index lens (thinner, lighter).  The Vive Pro has slightly more room for glasses and its faceplate slides in/out.  These might have been a better fit for you.

@MrTotoro - Try checking out our user guidelines for putting on the headset.  https://www.vive.com/eu/support/cosmos/category_howto/putting-the-headset-on.html

I feel there's not exactly a right or wrong answer, it can be different for each user. This is my method if it helps:

1. Unpeel the Velcro strap on top so there's slack. 
  2. Flip up the visor and place it against your eyes while holding the front.
  3. Position the front vertically by moving up and down and adjust the IPD horizontally
  4. Once you've found your sweet spot, flip down the visor and tighten the wheel all while holding the front. 
  5. Pull and peel the Velcro strap on top to tighten. 

Through personal experience. If you are short sighted, and use glasses to function in everyday life, you're gonna need glasses in VR. Without them everything is a blur. So much that after getting the Cosmos, I realised I wasn't focusing properly, and got my prescription revised at an optician. Perfect vision in VR ever since.

I actually bought a Cosmos cos it was the only headset that would feel comfortable with my glasses on. I tried a friend's Oculus and the experience with glasses was genuinely horrible.

Edit: I kan spel gud

Edited by Shevron

16 hours ago, Shevron said:

Through personal experience. If you are short sighted, and use glasses to function in everyday life, you're gonna need glasses in VR. Without them everything is a blur. So much that after getting the Cosmos, I realised I wasn't focusing properly, and got my prescription revised at an optician. Perfect vision in VR ever since.

I actually bought a Cosmos cos it was the only headset that would feel comfortable with my glasses on. I tried a friend's Oculus and the experience with glasses was genuinely horrible.

Edit: I kan spel gud

I feel you! I'm at -7 so my lenses are thick and frames are slightly bigger than average. Was happy there was no friction when flipping up and down my visor (still my favorite feature btw). 

19 hours ago, stvnxu said:

I feel you! I'm at -7 so my lenses are thick and frames are slightly bigger than average. Was happy there was no friction when flipping up and down my visor (still my favorite feature btw). 

Yeah I love how perfect glasses fit in the whole thing.

The Oculus smashed my glasses into my face, so much I could feel my eye lashes touching the lenses and left a mark on my nosebridge

• Like 1