Analog sticks and some games

jhintze

Hey guys!

So, some of my games does not appear to recognize the analog sticks, and others recognize only the left one.

For example, Talos Principle VR do not recognize any of them, and Don't Knock Twice recognize only the left one.

I've tried to rebind through steamvr binding menu, but it didn't work (or I didn't know how to make it work).

Does anyone here have the same problem?

Thank you!

P.S.: Did I put this topic in the wrong forum?

@stvnxu

hi @jhintze,

Could you share what headset model you're using to clear any miscommunication?

The steamvr controller binding is an awesome feature to leverage because not all VR experiences were tuned to the various controller inputs available. It can be tricky especially for me, and I've referred to this guide to help me through it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1545634111 Some of the screenshots may be outdated, but the core principles are there. 

Hope this helps.

Steve

@stvnxu

I have a HTC Cosmos. (Edit: The vanilla HTC Cosmos)

I will give the guide a good look. I actually was looking for a guide like this, but I guess I didn't search enough, or in the right place.

But after I'm done with Half-Life Alyx, of course!

Thank you!

Edited by jhintze
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jhintze said:

@stvnxu

I have a HTC Cosmos. (Edit: The vanilla HTC Cosmos)

I will give the guide a good look. I actually was looking for a guide like this, but I guess I didn't search enough, or in the right place.

But after I'm done with Half-Life Alyx, of course!

Thank you!

Great. Keep us updated on your progress. 

Been watching Half-LIfe Alyx stream all day. Looks so good. I'm holding back until I finish Half Life 2 to be more in tune with story. Let us know how it is for you! (no spoilers please)