I guess we were beta testers?

HoZy

At the title says, I'm pretty annoyed with HTC Vive/Cosmos as a whole right now. 

From day one we have had tracking issues and still have them. 

There is no "Upgrade kit" in the foreseeable future with a rebate for current Cosmos owners to upgrade to an Elite system. Since our face plate & controllers are useless. 

It is more cost effective to purchase a new Cosmos Elite than to upgrade. 

Feels pretty shitty to be honest. 

@C.T. @stvnxu

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HoZy said:

At the title says, I'm pretty annoyed with HTC Vive/Cosmos as a whole right now. 

From day one we have had tracking issues and still have them. 

There is no "Upgrade kit" in the foreseeable future with a rebate for current Cosmos owners to upgrade to an Elite system. Since our face plate & controllers are useless. 

It is more cost effective to purchase a new Cosmos Elite than to upgrade. 

Feels pretty shitty to be honest. 

I feel the same way. This was my first experience with VR and while I knew what I was getting into with new hardware, I didn't expect to feel slighted seeing all of these releases. I assumed tracking would be up to par by now and it isn't. It's good for most things, but shooters are rough. I purchased 1.0 base stations and have them mounted. Purchased Index controllers when they were last in stock. Now, have to shell out a final $200 for the faceplate just to have reliable tracking. Oh yea, still have pixelated issues with the wireless even though my PC is more than beefy. 

So, I'm with you. When I use my Cosmos and I'm fully immersed, it really is a great headset with a lot of pros. Then I look at the dust in my wallet and let out a little sigh.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...