Walking dead: Saints and Sinners

Margar

Recently I've bought the game from the Oculus and I can't  even start it off. After clicking to launch I see the the logo loading and after a minute or so I'm back in the home area under the floor.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Thank you

@Margar If you do a bit of googling you will see that this game does not currently work properly (crashes) using the Oculus Store version and Revive.  If you want to use it with your Vive headset you will need to buy the Steam Store version.  This version should also work with an Oculus headset.  If you've had it for less than a couple of weeks and less than 2hrs gameplay you can probably get a refund from the Oculus Store.

@Margar - ReVive is a compatibility layer hack specifically designed to circumnavigate Oculus' SDK technologies. It's a hack - it'd be unreasonable to expect it to be 100% successful across all games and titles and it's amazing it still even works given how controversial it is from Oculus' standpoint. If you buy something on the Oculus store - you're locking yourself into Oculus' technologies and while things like ReVive work in some circumstances - Oculus is within their rights to disable the ReVive layer at any time so it's unwise to base purchases off of it if you plan on using it with non-Oculus hardware.

I'd recommend buying your content on stores that support multiple VR SDKs so you don't have issues like this and it works across all of your headsets. When you buy from Oculus - you're locked into Oculus.

@Margar - Steam will let you select between which VR SDK to use if the build that's uploaded supports multiple SDKs. If you can't launch in Oculus native mode - you can launch in SteamVR mode. Viveport also supports both Oculus Native and SteamVR native builds, although we're primarily a SteamVR store. Oculus store only does Oculus.

That said, if you have a SteamVR headset - there is zero benefit from buying on the Oculus store - it's actually quite the opposite. SteamVR builds will let you target as many HMDs as possible.

image.png.67e875f1210036bc484aac55f9c4f548.png