cosmos

lenir

i purchased the cosmos a few month ago but it has mostly just been sitting there since the controllers dont seem to be compatible with anything I wanted to use them on I was hopeing time would improve the compatibility but it doesn't seem this is the case now there is a newer cosmos and they have changed the description for the one i have to make it sound like it was never meant for gaming. is there anything I can do or am i stuck LOL any help appreciated.

@C.T. @stvnxu

15 hours ago, lenir said:

i purchased the cosmos a few month ago but it has mostly just been sitting there since the controllers dont seem to be compatible with anything I wanted to use them on I was hopeing time would improve the compatibility but it doesn't seem this is the case now there is a newer cosmos and they have changed the description for the one i have to make it sound like it was never meant for gaming. is there anything I can do or am i stuck LOL any help appreciated.

I don't think the description of the original Cosmos has changed.  The new Cosmos Elite with base stations does say it has better VR tracking but that's to be expected.  Both should work fine for most PC gamers. 

Cosmos inside-out tracking still need a bit of improvement for some games (esp. 2 handed rifle and slingshot).  I like its controllers but like you say, not all games (even on VivePort) have been properly tuned to them.  It is slowly improving though and there are ways to modify their binding within SteamVR if you take the effort to learn how to do this.  Still not as simple as it should be though.

Since you are well past a return/refund window you are pretty well limited to either hang it there and hope for further software improvements or try to sell them on places like Ebay.  There is supposed to be a new Elite faceplate-only option available soon but that would require you to have either 1.0 or 2.0 base stations/controllers.  If you do not already have these that's going to be pretty expensive.  Maybe Vive will offer discounted combos for original Cosmos owners.  Who knows?

On 3/15/2020 at 12:25 PM, lenir said:

What are they not compatible with? I believe that you have the ability to remap controllers in Steam VR, might want to give that a shot.

• Like 1