Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.10.7

C.T.

22 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

Well I think it would be useful if some opted out of beta and tried the new beta to see if there is any difference.   Maybe someone like you who I have not heard anything form regarding 10.7.  It would also be useful if Vive Support would tell us as well.

As I mentioned earlier I currently have parked my Cosmos under my pool table and am waiting for new software, and positive comments, before reinstalling it.

If there would be a new public beta there would also be a thread for it.
You don't need to opt out as you'll automatically get the update when there's a new public beta.

On the other side not every feedback I give you can read here.

But the last 20 days I couldn't test anything due to illness.

Instead of asking others to test the software for you you also could get yourself under the pool table and grab the headset to test yourself 😉
And stop talking about that damn pool table over and over... my cellar is too small to place one which I regret a lot 😞

Edited by A-Jey
  • Like 1

@A-Jey Sorry you've been ill mate and I hope you are feeling better now. 

I'll probably take my Cosmos out of storage (hope that's a better place to mention, lol!) once I hear that its inside out tracking is better.  I'm currently managing 2x VR headsets on my PC; Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers and an Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.  Both of these are working great and because of the Pro Link Box on/off switch and the Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) switching options it's very easy to go from one to the other.  When I do get my Cosmos going again I'll probably use it with my Vive Wireless adapter for games that require a bit more moving around, but are not too CPU intensive like most of my flight/racing sims are.  Also, for some reason, I found that the wireless worked better with my Cosmos (better visuals/stability) than my Vive Pro.

Like you, I'm not really interested in the SteamVR faceplate (even though I already have 2.0 base stations/controllers) because I prefer the Cosmos controllers over the Vive wands (and Index controllers are still not available in Australia).  Also, I'm hoping that by running it wireless (without a link box) it will be easier to switch between it and my Vive Pro.  One potential problem I have heard mentioned is that a Cosmos with a wireless adapter does not always install Cosmos updates very well and often you may need to convert it back to wired to complete firmware updates.  Hence why I am reluctant to bring it out of storage until its tracking is improved a bit more.

Again, hope you're feeling better mate.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I have a Cosmos with the Wireless Adapter and have not had any problems installing Beta updates or reverting to Public Updates.

Just to let you know I'm currently running the public 1.0.10.7.

I must admit I'm enjoying the Freedom of wireless. I'm beginning to quite like the Cosmos. Though it can be frustrating at times.

I have recently started playing the Game A4 Tech in Viveport and the Bow and Arrow setup works much better than I had expected. The tracking is surprisingly accurate. The Bow can lose tracking a bit and go wonky if I pull my hand when drawing the arrow very close to my face, but I can reload and fire accurately. It's actually quite enjoyable to play. I think tracking is  definitely improving.

On Monday I somehow managed to click on the order button within 30sec for a valve index. I hadn't expected to get it. I am quite intrigued by all the stories of its performance/display/controllers. Sad that it is cabled and not wireless. The Cosmos really does have its advantages. I can't yet make up my mind wether to keep index or not? It would have to be fantastically good to keep a cabled index? Any thoughts? Expensive though?

On a final note I was, up to this Monday having difficulty running Beat Saber on my System. For some reason and I'm not totally certain why it is now running smoothly and fast with excellent tracking. I removed the Windows update ending I think *996 and uninstalled steam and cosmos software. I then reinstalled steam and cosmos software. It then worked. Fingers crossed I don't jinx it by saying anything? Haha!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2020 at 4:27 PM, Shipmate said:

Hi, I have a Cosmos with the Wireless Adapter and have not had any problems installing Beta updates or reverting to Public Updates.

Just to let you know I'm currently running the public 1.0.10.7.

I must admit I'm enjoying the Freedom of wireless. I'm beginning to quite like the Cosmos. Though it can be frustrating at times.

I have recently started playing the Game A4 Tech in Viveport and the Bow and Arrow setup works much better than I had expected. The tracking is surprisingly accurate. The Bow can lose tracking a bit and go wonky if I pull my hand when drawing the arrow very close to my face, but I can reload and fire accurately. It's actually quite enjoyable to play. I think tracking is  definitely improving.

On Monday I somehow managed to click on the order button within 30sec for a valve index. I hadn't expected to get it. I am quite intrigued by all the stories of its performance/display/controllers. Sad that it is cabled and not wireless. The Cosmos really does have its advantages. I can't yet make up my mind wether to keep index or not? It would have to be fantastically good to keep a cabled index? Any thoughts? Expensive though?

On a final note I was, up to this Monday having difficulty running Beat Saber on my System. For some reason and I'm not totally certain why it is now running smoothly and fast with excellent tracking. I removed the Windows update ending I think *996 and uninstalled steam and cosmos software. I then reinstalled steam and cosmos software. It then worked. Fingers crossed I don't jinx it by saying anything? Haha!

If you BeatSaber was super laggy, most probably it is your Nvidia GeForce Experience that automatically optimized the game to best settings and set the in-game supersampling to something high. In-game SS multipling Vive's SS means a ridiculous resolution and that's why your game can't run. Setting the supersampling in the game back to 1 will fix the problem.

• Like 1

As far as I can tell this update did absolutely nothing. I'm still seeing lighting error popup all the time, tracking still terrible, HMD movement Jitter still there for me anyway. tracking loss at side of head and when hands are too close to camera. Frame rate drop all the time. running the public 1.0.10.7

Edited by GortySmalls

😡 bonjour a tous voila encore une mise a jour la beta 1.0.10.7 qui change rien 

Pour les jeux de tir le fusil tenir a deux mains toujours aussi mauvais 80%

Pour le home du cosmos franchement nul toujours rien une voiture téléguidé heureusement il y a steam vr pour inviter des amies 

Est maintenant il sorte un nouveau cosmos Elite  et autre accessoire encore de l argent l argent  l argent

moi si j ai acheter le cosmos c est pour jouer tranquille est non pas toujours attendre des mise a jour qui change rien 

franchement je c est plus quoi pense du  htc vive cosmos 

pour avoir un bon traking il va falloir payer les accessoire merci le htc vive cosmos en + les move son beaucoup trop gros et use les pile beaucoup trop vite  je regrette se casque je suis dégouter

sortir un casque qui et pas au point comme si tu achetée une voiture est on te dit elle freine pas il faux attendre la révision 

mon htc cosmos et juste la pour faire joli je retourne sur mon---- ☺️oculus rift cv1 marche beaucoup mieux ☺️