cannot launch viveport all of a sudden

lee1968

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, sorry about the wait but I do have a couple of new things we can try.

Uninstall third party USB Host Controller drivers

Due to compatibility, some PC hardware manufacturers may implement different USB Host Controller drivers. These third party drivers may interfere with the Vive hardware, causing it not to function properly. Replacing third party drivers with generic windows drivers is expected to resolve this issue.
1. On the computer, press [Windows] key + R.

2. On the Run dialog, type “msc” unquoted.

3. Extend the Universal Serial Bus controllers

4. Look for a driver that includes the words “eXtensible Host Controller” or “xHCI

5. Right click on it and select Uninstall driver.

6. Restart the computer and Windows will install a generic version of it.

Also, I don't know if you tried it, but you can also remove all the USB Drivers and start over with that. 

Remove All SteamVR USB Devices

The Vive system is composed of about 9 different USB drivers, including Bluetooth, controllers, camera, receivers and audio, among others. Due to different reasons, like software updates, change of connections, system updates or malfunction of a device, the USB drivers might get into conflict and reinstalling them is a good way to get everything back to its working state.

1. Go to SteamVR > Settings > Developer.
  2. Click on Remove All SteamVR USB Devices.
  3. Once finished, the program will prompt a confirmation of the process.
  4. Disconnect the Link box AC Adapter and the Link box USB cable from the computer.
  5. Close SteamVR.
  6. Connect the AC Adapter back to the Link box and then connect the USB cable directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port.
  7. Open SteamVR and check if all the devices all properly recognized, by going to SteamVR > Settings > USB > Refresh.
    1. These are the default drivers:

Vive Link Box:

·         Hub

·         Hub Controller

·         Bluetooth

Vive Headset:

·         Watchman Board

·         Camera

·         Audio Device

·         Main Board

·         Wireless Receiver 1

·         Wireless Receiver 2

Note: This list includes the drivers of the devices directly connected to the computer by USB, as it is the HMD and Link box. Controllers and Base Stations are connected to the headset through Bluetooth and then to the computer, so these devices are not going to be visible on this list.

Thanks,

-John C

Any chance you have a racing wheel with pedals or a flight stick with throttle control plugged in, if so, try unplugging it. Some people have Vive controller problems with the throttle part of some racing and flying controllers. Just a stab in the dark.

Regards: Jack

• 1 month later...

I finally found the solution:
Solution: Disable Antivirus
--(My Anti virus is kaspersky-I didn't really disable it,I just disable System Watcher and application control but other components like antivirus firewall .etc. are running like charm) it seams it's something like maleware.
before this solution ,I couldn't run some games apps via viveport but Steam games didn't have any problems.reinstallation didn't work or any other ways.
So solution for me is disabling all Antivirus (windows 10 defenders and kaspersky and node or anything els or just disable the part like mine. :)

Archived