cannot launch viveport all of a sudden

lee1968

Thank you so much!!!  Had the exact same issue (with every title on the viveport).  Tried to make it work for the last 2 1/2 hours for my wife.  Read your post and bought it on steam and it works!!!

Today you are my hero!  Viveport on the other hand is redundant POS.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same problem.

Steam games work fine

VIVEport does not. I have a 9.99$ Subscription

Viveport does not load ANY games, steam or Viveport.
If I launch the same games (Not Viveport games) off steam, they work fine.

Something is wrong with the launcher, and reinstalling has not helped. It also has been nagging me the last few days by auto opening my browser every so often and trying to get me to login to htc sense (which is REALLY annoying when Im trying to do work or am on a screenshare with a client).

I finally logged into HTC Sense because it has been annoying the crap out of me and now nothing works.

Im not sure if the login to HTC sense is a coincidence or the cause.

All I know is that it kept opening up a tab in my browser automatically several times a day and opening the HTC Sense login page. I ignored it for 2 weeks until i got fed up after it popped up during a screenshare I was doing for work, at which point later that evening, I tried to login and it wasnt working. It was working about a week ago though.

I started having the same issue tonight.  This is my first time playing with the Vive in a couple of weeks, and I've been unable to launch any of the new games I selected this month with the Vive port subscription.  I just get a white screen when trying to lauch from Vive Port.  It also slows down my computer to a crawl and messes the Vive controllers forcing me to restart the computer only for it to happen again after I reboot.   VR in steam works just fine.  So the issue is definetely with the VivePort application.

I ended up just cancelling my subscription after the 5th reboot and no solution.  I'm not paying $6.99/month for something that doesn't even work.  Its a shame because I was really looking foward to playing the games I selected this month, but if I can't get them to even start, there is no point.  Its Steam for me from now on, they don't seem to have any problems at all with their software.

Archived