Bad judder while logged into Vive space

Firenze

I'm experiencing a really bad judder while inside Vive space.  The judder disappears when I jump back into the SteamVr area.  I've tried many possible solutions but I've not seen any posts describing the same problem.  This has not occurred from the start.  Before the fully functional viveport addition, I could jump into the Vive space with no issues. At some point after Viveport was released, the judder started.

I have an RX 480 which runs most experiences just fine.

Has anyone experienced this?  Any solutions?

Thanks

Hey , can you explain a bit more - are you talking about 'judder' specifically in the Viveport space within Vive Home? This is the area that you have to move into when you launch Vive Home.

The 'judder' you're talking about only happens in that space, correct? Are you talking about your point of view moving, or the controllers moving in VR?

Hi Stephen

Yes the area that you move into after launching Vive Home is where I experience this.  Maybe "judder" is not the correct way to describe.  My point of view does not shake nor my controllers.  I guess what i'm seeing would be better described as bad framerate?  When I move my head is when I experience the skipping.  I tried resetting the space to remove all objects (I only had a few), but that did not change anything.  Compared to all the other games and experiences that I've tried, being in this area is by far the worst when it comes to the framerate.

Thanks

Hi , that clears things up a bit, thanks.

You mentioned this is the worst issue you've had with framerate; have you had problems in any other titles? Can you let us know what the spec of your PC is (at minimum, your GPU and CPU details)? Have you run the SteamVR Performance Test (free on Steam) and if so, what were the results?

Within SteamVR there's a framerate monitor that you can use to see when your framerate dips. This article gives you a good overview of how it works and what you can check.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamVR/Frame_Timing

I have no specific tips on how to improve Vive Home performance at the moment, so it's best for us to look at the basics of your system and then figure out if there's an issue there.

Archived