Pupil dilation in mm vs. eye openess parameter

Dear @imarin18,

I  explain you with the corresponding output from the code block :

data.no_user,
                                          data.timestamp,
                                          data.frame_sequence,

data.verbose_data.left.eye_data_validata_bit_mask,

data.verbose_data.left.gaze_origin_mm.x,
                                          data.verbose_data.left.gaze_origin_mm.y,
                                          data.verbose_data.left.gaze_origin_mm.z,

data.verbose_data.left.gaze_direction_normalized.x,
                                          data.verbose_data.left.gaze_direction_normalized.y,
                                          data.verbose_data.left.gaze_direction_normalized.z,

data.verbose_data.left.pupil_diameter_mm,
                                          data.verbose_data.left.eye_openness,

data.verbose_data.left.pupil_position_in_sensor_area.x,
                                          data.verbose_data.left.pupil_position_in_sensor_area.y,

data.expression_data.left.eye_frown,
                                          data.expression_data.left.eye_squeeze,
                                          data.expression_data.left.eye_wide      
// When it failed ( because validity number is 8, according to your assumption ) to measure the eye data, I got the corresponding output
True 4205749 5008 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 0 -1 -1 0 0 0

//When it measured sucessfully (because validity number is 31, according to your assumption), I got the corresponding output like:
True 4205699 5002 31 34,31874 2,921722 -40,23471 -0,09350586 -0,1259155 0,9876099 4,649445 0,850469 0,4580182 0,6275682 0 0 0

Are you still  reckoning that "8" suggests the valid data only for eye openness, because it seems that other eye data such as gaze_origin_mm, gaze_direction_normalized, and pupi_diameter_mm are also invalid. 

Edited by alwyuyang

Dear @alwyuyang

Just to clarify again, I am not sure if my understanding is correct. According to your result, it looks that the validity value outputs 8 despite that you don't have any values for the measurement parameters. Have you tried to get the data while you are closeing your eyes completely and look at the validity data?

My personal opinion is that it would be better to use only the data with 31 on the validity data.

Best regards,

imarin18

Dear @imarin18,

1. I didn't try to collect the data during eye closeness but I will share you updates once I got another different value in order to deepen our understanding.

2 . "My personal opinion is that it would be better to use only the data with 31 on the validity data."

---I agree with this point if we all don't understand what "8" means in the output. 

Thank you for sharing your opinions to me, it helps a lot.

Sincerely,

alwyuyang