Getting Started with VRS & Foveated Rendering using HTC Vive Pro Eye & Unreal Engine

MariosBikos

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Aimir CG is an architectural visualization company based in China, delivering consistent art quality 3D renderings and animations worldwide. We are fast, efficient and always deliver on time. Our professionalism and communication skills make us easy to work with and the end product was nothing short of impressive!

On 5/14/2023 at 1:09 PM, nikola1212 said:

Aimir CG is an architectural visualization company based in China, delivering consistent art quality 3D renderings and animations worldwide. We are fast, efficient and always deliver on time. Our professionalism and communication skills make us easy to work with and the end product was nothing short of impressive!

• 10 months later...

I have a few questions for clarification:

1. I have cloned the 4.24.2. Instead of some minor errors, the UE is launching. In part 1, (8) to launch the UE, do I always have to follow the step: Open the .sln, then Debug > Start New Instance? Or is there any other way that I can directly run UE like a normal installation?

2. Part 2: 12, 13, 15: I have downloaded SRanipal v1.3.6.6. Extracting the .zip file includes Plugins\SRanipal. I am copy-pasting this plugins folder in a new project under a different directory than the unreal engine cloned (C:\ directory). But in Edit> Plugins, I cannot see the SRanipal plugin.

C:\Users\local-admin\Downloads\unity\SDK-v1.3.6.6\SDK-v1.3.6.6\SDK\03_Unreal\Vive-SRanipal-Unreal-Plugin.zip

3. Part 2: 14, I do not see an error in Dartboard.h. But if someone has a problem, did you mean editing SRanipal.Build.cs as follows:

PublicIncludePaths.AddRange(
			new string[] {
                //Path.GetFullPath(Path.Combine(ModuleDirectory, ".."))+"/SRanipal/Public"
                // ... add public include paths required here ...
                // from tutorial
                PublicIncludePaths.Add(Path.Combine(ModuleDirectory, "Public/Eye"));
                //PublicIncludePaths.Add(Path.Combine(ModuleDirectory, "Public/Lip"));
			}
            );

PrivateIncludePaths.AddRange(
			new string[] {
                ModuleDirectory+"/Private",
                ModuleDirectory+"/Public/Eye",
                ModuleDirectory+"/Public/Lip",
                Path.GetFullPath(Path.Combine(ModuleDirectory, ".."))+"/SRanipalEye/Public",
                Path.GetFullPath(Path.Combine(ModuleDirectory, ".."))+"/SRanipalLip/Public";
                // ... add other private include paths required here ...
                // from tutorial
                PrivateIncludePaths.Add(Path.Combine(ModuleDirectory, "Private/Eye"));
                //PrivateIncludePaths.Add(Path.Combine(ModuleDirectory, "Private/Lip"));
            }
            );

4. Reopening the project returns an error as the image: 

error1.PNG