Floating into crash into tracking lost...

beezqp

Hello All,

So the closure to this topic, if anyone ever finds it having similar problem. I returned the headset to my local retailer who sent it on the producer's warranty to local HTC distributor's service. It spent there 3 weeks but they fixed it and returned it to me. Didn't say what was broken, but I've been using it for over a week since and it works. So turns out this was indeed some hardware issue apparently. 

Anyways, I still consider buying Cosmos a great mistake, especially now that they released the Cosmos Elite version without the light tracking. I'm very afraid that Cosmos experiment will be forgotten very soon, swept under the carpet and lose it's support. If that happens, I'm afraid Vive will never see me as a customer again...

• 5 months later...

I have gray screen issue after 20 mins gaming time, it can be best describe as floating,moving with my head, loss of tracking, and image is freezing when I switch to reality surrounding environment! AT FIRST I thought is was a software bug, after I tried everything I can do to troubleshooting and tried contact support team then follow their advice step by step,.not to my surprise, nothing fix this issue, then I thought it might be my cable, bcs it is tangled up, but when I saw this page, I thought I got a hardware issue, I decided to sent it back and have it repaired.

I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS: 1.DO I need to cost extra dollar to fix it? there is a date followed by S/N number which is 2019/08, NOT SURE it is still in warranty

2.I cant send out report with vive console, it always said something wrong with my network.. 

3. how long it will take me to get it back? I am in US now