Power bank for Wireless

Meln

@Meln what A-jey said!

I won't recommend any batteries outside of the one we have on our website. However, there are users in that thread sharing their experience with other 3rd party batteries that you can take a look at for suggestions. Feel free to tag those users if you want more details. Everyone in this community is opened to sharing.

Thanks,

• Like 4

On 2/1/2020 at 1:18 PM, Meln said:

Hi,

Do you recommend any alternative powerbanks with higher capacity of the Cosmos?

For example, will the  Xtorm Rover XB302 work by using an usb-c -> usb-a cable?

thank you!

Hi,

I have a Cosmos running wireless. after alot of the ryzen watchdog bsod problems I finally got i running without any problems (still on same ryzen) :-) 

I use the "Anker PowerCore Speed 20000" for my setup. It supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 (24W) "Output 5-8V ⎓ 3A / 8-10V ⎓ 2.4A / 10-12V ⎓ 2A"

It seams to be working fine. it runs just over 3 hours before the need to recharge.

IMG_20200205_201946.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you for the suggestions. However, in my country I can't get the Anker Powerbank that you are referring. I was able to get the Xiaomi Power Bank 3 Pro (20 000 mAh) and they work very well through the type-c pd port. 1 Hour of gameplay and still plenty of battery left.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 3:23 AM, LexDK said:

Hi,

I have a Cosmos running wireless. after alot of the ryzen watchdog bsod problems I finally got i running without any problems (still on same ryzen) 🙂

I use the "Anker PowerCore Speed 20000" for my setup. It supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 (24W) "Output 5-8V ⎓ 3A / 8-10V ⎓ 2.4A / 10-12V ⎓ 2A"

It seams to be working fine. it runs just over 3 hours before the need to recharge.

IMG_20200205_201946.jpg

In my region I can only find the PD version but not QC version of the said Anker powerbank. 

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/PowerCore-Speed-20000-PD/B1275011

However I'm very afraid if QC is a must for the headset and if it doesn't support PD, then I will get another useless purchase.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:21 AM, lamyipming said:

In my region I can only find the PD version but not QC version of the said Anker powerbank. 

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/PowerCore-Speed-20000-PD/B1275011

However I'm very afraid if QC is a must for the headset and if it doesn't support PD, then I will get another useless purchase.

I am using the powerbank from Xiaomi, the Pro 3 (20000 mAh) and it works well.

• Like 1

@arknes Since you only have a Vive Pro wireless you may not know that the battery specs for each headset is quite different.  The Vive and Vive Pro require a 18W battery and the Cosmos requires a 21W battery.  Just something to keep in mind if you buy 3rd party batteries.

• Like 1