Re do room setup

hamez88

I remember reading in few patch notes ago that they added the option to redo the room setup but i cant find the option in lens to do so. Were would one go to do this, preferably without resetting all the settings? (i don't really want to go through the first time setup again) lol

ouu thats a good idea, i found out how but its a bit of a work around. Its a setting in the vive console to clear environment data and then it opens up room setup after you click on the clear button, the kicker is to click it the Headset has to be on, you can either click on it normally or double press the vive button on the left controller to bring up the steam overlay, select to view desktop and click it that way also. It would be awesome if they put the option to clear the enviroment data and do room setup into the vive lens dashboard though.

Personally I just use the Room Setup menu option in the Vive console on my PC interface. Since I'm doing this at the beginning of a new VR session it's not a problem being outside VR. Also with the Cosmos ability to rotate up the front display to view outside without rigging out the whole headset is pretty easy to do it even during a VR session.