Can the tracking even be fixed?

Kuyarei

Apologies if this is a repetitive topic.

I don't mind waiting a bit more for patches, but i'm stuck with a Cosmos that i cannot return (store wont accept refund unless it's a glaring defect.).

Hands on the side - drift. Hands behind my back - drift. Controllers near my face - drift. Controllers behind each other - drift

It seems like a hardware issue, doesn't it? There's only so much you can do without external tracking, right?

As much as i'd love to be hopeful, i think it's just starting to get to me. I feel immensely frustrated and now i'm just sitting here wondering if i'm in denial or something.

I just refunded a boxing game because the tracking kept glitching out. I can't think of a shooter because apparently you can't aim with 2 hands without the farther controller drifting away.

If it's all software, then exactly what kind of realistic solution is there to fix this? Consider that the headset tracks the controller based on the light, then how exactly will it ever correctly see a controller that's blocked off by another one? let alone behind your back.

I can't help but feel that i just screwed myself over big time, and that getting all this fixed would be nothing short of a miracle too far into the distance.

Edited by Kuyarei

It's surely repetitive.

1st of all: hands behind your back is out of cam and since it's inside out tracking without sensors it can't be tracked.

Controllers near face they're working on, but same here: due to cam use it won't reach tracking with sensors.
Rifle mode they are working on and we got to wait how far it goes.

Hopefully we'll land where the Rift S has already reached with tracking.
But keep in mind even the powerful Facebook stuff needed several months to get this done.

You can help with doing videos and sending in issue report together with that to help them fixing the tracking.

• Thanks 1