Getting started with VR eye tracking development for research

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2020 at 3:24 PM, Djangi said:

Thanks @corvus for your input. Maybe this is because of lack of experience but I actually had a pretty hard time to access the wanted parameters since you can't access the wanted directly. It would be nice to have some code examples in the documentation.
I did the following:

private void Update()
{
    SRanipal_Eye_API.GetEyeData(ref data);
    Debug.Log("left eye pupil: " + data.verbose_data.left.pupil_diameter_mm);
    Debug.Log("right eye pupil: " + data.verbose_data.right.pupil_diameter_mm);
}

I'll also try to get this running at 120hz with the example code from the thread that you shared with me previously.

Btw, is there also an online reference to the documentation?

Thanks @Djangi, that actualy helped me a lot in getting pupil data. I was wondering if you managed to receive pupil data more often than every frame, e.g. from another thread? Is that even possible @Corvus?

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi folks ,

I am relatively new to VR, but I have just written my master research piece on spider fear for the pro Eye. I have been learning c# and unity from scratch over the past few months and now the experiment is finished and ready for distribution as it were.

3 things:

1. I am looking for participants who have the pro eye to take part. Takes about 25 minutes. Details if you are interested. (sorry to shamelessly plug my research, but corona is making things difficult which is why I had to abandon lab-based research).

2. I am wondering if there is a good platform that I can upload my research software to for easy download (yes, I'm a total greenie)  

3. Accuracy, which I have addressed here:
https://forum.vive.com/topic/5970-pro-eye-unsuitable-for-research-data-super-heavily-filtered-during-fixation/?do=findComment&comment=36953

Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2020 at 10:53 AM, jogi1800 said:

Hi folks ,

I am relatively new to VR, but I have just written my master research piece on spider fear for the pro Eye. I have been learning c# and unity from scratch over the past few months and now the experiment is finished and ready for distribution as it were.

3 things:

1. I am looking for participants who have the pro eye to take part. Takes about 25 minutes. Details if you are interested. (sorry to shamelessly plug my research, but corona is making things difficult which is why I had to abandon lab-based research).

2. I am wondering if there is a good platform that I can upload my research software to for easy download (yes, I'm a total greenie)  

3. Accuracy, which I have addressed here:
https://forum.vive.com/topic/5970-pro-eye-unsuitable-for-research-data-super-heavily-filtered-during-fixation/?do=findComment&comment=36953

Thanks

Hi @jogi1800,

I usually only visit this forum when I experience technical issues and didn't see your post until now.

1. If It doesn't take too much time to setup I can give it a try
  2. Github or Bitbucket. You might need to invest in large file support if your project is on the large side. 
  3. I'm curious about this myself, did you find any answers?