C.T.

Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.10.4

1 hour ago, A-Jey said:

It's the first beta update which has been a step backward, all others before have been one or more steps forward.
And you know that a beta version can also mean to test things out which for sure can result in a worse result on our home conditions.
This also can help to find the reasons for bad tracking on special conditions.

If you don't like that please just opt out of beta and wait for the next public release.

Wish there was an option to just opt out of Cosmos. Never spent this type of money to be a beta tester for a product. Tracking just doesn't work. Have sent through a ton of logs. It's the tracking hardware more than the firmware. It is only possible for them to do so much. Any game or app requiring you to put on controller in front of the other, above shoulder, down to waist or slightly behind head just doesn't work. Purchased The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners and have had nothing but tracking issues. both on Beta and official firmware. 

Just give me an OPT of of Cosmos button where Vive takes it back and give me my money back. Should have gone the Pro or Index.

Edited by Cossack
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cossack said:

Wish there was an option to just opt out of Cosmos. Never spent this type of money to be a beta tester for a product. Tracking just doesn't work. Have sent through a ton of logs. It's the tracking hardware more than the firmware. It is only possible for them to do so much. Any game or app requiring you to put on controller in front of the other, above shoulder, down to waist or slightly behind head just doesn't work. Purchased The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners and have had nothing but tracking issues. both on Beta and official firmware. 

Just give me an OPT of of Cosmos button where Vive takes it back and give me my money back. Should have gone the Pro or Index.

Unfortunately it is never going to be perfect - although it will get better. Inside-out tracking is always going inferior to lighthouse-based tracking - whether optical (like the Cosmos) or IR (like the Quest or Rift S). There is simply no way to get round. The only inside-out tracking that can come close to the lighthouse setup is something like the ultrasonic tracking in the Focus Plus (which works very well with occultation situations).

1 hour ago, Beta_Tester said:

Unfortunately it is never going to be perfect - although it will get better. Inside-out tracking is always going inferior to lighthouse-based tracking - whether optical (like the Cosmos) or IR (like the Quest or Rift S). There is simply no way to get round. The only inside-out tracking that can come close to the lighthouse setup is something like the ultrasonic tracking in the Focus Plus (which works very well with occultation situations).

I've used the Rift S multiple times and i can tell you the tracking is much better than the Cosmos in it's current state. If only the Index was available in Australia would have never even thought of going the Cosmos.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A-Jey said:

It's the first beta update which has been a step backward, all others before have been one or more steps forward.
And you know that a beta version can also mean to test things out which for sure can result in a worse result on our home conditions.
This also can help to find the reasons for bad tracking on special conditions.

If you don't like that please just opt out of beta and wait for the next public release.

Ya, I do realise that mate.  Unfortunately I think the best firmware update so far was beta 1.0.9.2 and you are unable to roll back to that one since it's a beta.

As I think I mentioned earlier I have now packed up my Cosmos (and wireless for now) and I'll continue to use my Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers plus my Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.  This dual VR headset setup is working very well and thanks to the Vive Link box on/off switch and the Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) it is very easy to switch between each headset.

I'll look at taking my Cosmos out of its box once either inside-out tracking is nailed down and/or maybe when a Cosmos SteamVR faceplate is made available (and properly tested out of course).

• Like 1

deleted double post.  Not sure why this sometimes happens?

Edited by TomCgcmfc

I'm really worried when I read that! !

I think HTC don't think that this is a serious problem and prefer let the COSMOS and HTC die slowly . Bad news really bad news.

I hope but the time plays against us and them it's so simple.

The technology doesn't wait and all goes really fast

An old Headset as PSVR (2016) with an old technology and old controllers works find with FIREWALL ZERO HOUR, MOSS, BLOOD AND TRUTH... 🤔🤔🤔

Edited by Sjunin

4 hours ago, bamboozhang said:

how to download?

You need to open vive console and head over to the settings.
You can opt into beta there which forces the headset to get an update.

17 hours ago, Glaucoma Predator said:

Oh f**k that noise, they sold a lie.

I don't expect it to be perfect but I do expect the fundamental functionality of a VR headset, which is to track a user in 3D space, to work.

Also stop apologizing for HTC, you sound like a fanboy. 

Not apologising for HTC, but willing to give them time to get it sorted. I manage to play most games & apps I like, and only get p*ssed off with it every so often.

But thanks for the fanboy insult. 😅

• Like 1