Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.10.4

C.T.

I'm really worried when I read that! !

I think HTC don't think that this is a serious problem and prefer let the COSMOS and HTC die slowly . Bad news really bad news.

I hope but the time plays against us and them it's so simple.

The technology doesn't wait and all goes really fast

An old Headset as PSVR (2016) with an old technology and old controllers works find with FIREWALL ZERO HOUR, MOSS, BLOOD AND TRUTH... 🤔🤔🤔

Edited by Sjunin

49 minutes ago, Beta_Tester said:

Not apologising for HTC, but willing to give them time to get it sorted. I manage to play most games & apps I like, and only get p*ssed off with it every so often.

But thanks for the fanboy insult. 😅

Totally agree.

We're all sitting in the same boat: we payed a lot of money for a headset and want it to function error free.
Some of us are willing to be patient, others tend to do bashing.

HTC actually don't has the performance/arguments to have fanboys.
That's too long ago with the M7 imho.

2 hours ago, Beta_Tester said:

Absolutely agree. I was only pointing out that the Cosmos will never be perfect (and clearly is nowhere near perfect at the moment). Rift S tracking has been around since the summer so they've had a long time to get it right.

The Oculus Rift S (which I have owned) tracking and controller grip lag issues took almost exactly 4 months to fix.  Vive has now had the same time to work on Cosmos tracking.  So, I don't think it's unreasonable for most users to be a little disappointed right now.  Like you and op I agree that name-calling bashing is not very useful though (and pretty immature).  Some think that anything negative is bashing and unconstructive.  This is not the case imho.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Beta_Tester said:

Not apologising for HTC, but willing to give them time to get it sorted. I manage to play most games & apps I like, and only get p*ssed off with it every so often.

But thanks for the fanboy insult. 😅

18 hours ago, A-Jey said:

Totally agree.

We're all sitting in the same boat: we payed a lot of money for a headset and want it to function error free.
Some of us are willing to be patient, others tend to do bashing.

HTC actually don't has the performance/arguments to have fanboys.
That's too long ago with the M7 imho.

I'm tired of being a beta tester for these multi million dollar corporations. 

When I buy something I expect it work out of the box, period.

It's funny how today the kids are willing to pay for an unfinished product.

What's with all this beta culture, beta males, and beta testers.

Unfortunately I don't think HTC will be able to nail this down, due to the fundamental nature of the headset tracking, optical vs IR. 

If they wanted optical tracking they would have put in higher res and higher frame rate cameras. 

I would love for someone to do a tear down and prove me wrong, but I don't think these cameras get even close to 90hz+ which is what would be required to do proper optical tracking as you need to sample the image 90 times plus a second to get accurate tracking and reflect this inside the VR world.

Actually you would need a camera that is capable of a higher refresh rate than 90hz to accommodate signal and processing time, and have this reflect properly in the VR world. 

I think this is why there is so much controller and headset drift when tracking. 

Edited by Glaucoma Predator
Spelling

4 hours ago, Glaucoma Predator said:

I'm tired of being a beta tester for these multi million dollar corporations. 

When I buy something I expect it work out of the box, period.

It's funny how today the kids are willing to pay for an unfinished product.

What's with all this beta culture, beta males, and beta testers.

Unfortunately I don't think HTC will be able to nail this down, due to the fundamental nature of the headset tracking, optical vs IR. 

If they wanted optical tracking they would have put in higher res and higher frame rate cameras. 

I would love for someone to do a tear down and prove me wrong, but I don't think these cameras get even close to 90hz+ which is what would be required to do proper optical tracking as you need to sample the image 90 times plus a second to get accurate tracking and reflect this inside the VR world.

Actually you would need a camera that is capable of a higher refresh rate than 90hz to accommodate signal and processing time, and have this reflect properly in the VR world. 

I think this is why there is so much controller and headset drift when tracking. 

Haven't you done some research before ordering?
You should have been warned to purchase this product at that early state.

Interestingly you think everyone getting such a new unstable product has to be a kid.

19 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

The Oculus Rift S (which I have owned) tracking and controller grip lag issues took almost exactly 4 months to fix.  Vive has now had the same time to work on Cosmos tracking.  So, I don't think it's unreasonable for most users to be a little disappointed right now.  Like you and op I agree that name-calling bashing is not very useful though (and pretty immature).  Some think that anything negative is bashing and unconstructive.  This is not the case imho.

Your thinking is plausible at first thought, but if you take a bit more time to think over it:
I guess the HTC team is much smaller than the Facebook team.
Also I guess there were a huge amount of more buyers for the Rift S compared to the buyers for the Cosmos which results in much less data or feeback in form of issue reports available to analyse.

Considering these I think you just can't expect them to do it in the same time imho.

• Like 1