C.T.

Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.10.4

i have played a lot these last days, a lot of different games, still disapointed. Left side waist height tracking all over the place. This evening i tried to play the battlewake just for the fun of it, and after 2 minutes i could NOT reach the wheel anymore while i was still standing

inside the red floor circle. It still looks like not all the camera's work together or are used all of the time. I admit you made some progress but after 4 months i had expected more.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tonton said:

😰 bonjour à tous moi si j'ai acheté le htc vive cosmos 799 euro parce qu'il n'y a pas de base et maintenant il von bientôt nous dire acheter les bases tout ça combien va coûter cher

c est abusé en + il y a rien ===Beaucoup trop simple  dans le home du cosmos mème pas en public en + pour tenir le fusil a deux mains et nul 

s il vous plait quand a les vous faire une vrai mise a jour pour tenir le fusil a deux mains

You are not forced to buy faceplate mod or basestations, its optional.

Also that is the whole point of HTC updating the vive cosmos constantly so you can use rifles in game without the tracking dropping. I wouldnt really say its a meme in the public eye though,

Edited by hamez88
  • Thanks 1

Just to give a feedback,  using this release I received some alerts about too high environmental light for good tracking I didn't received in the same situation before.

Difficult to be objective since I'm testing it in and out from VR continuously for business purpose and not for gaming, but this is the feeling.

• Like 1

Smh

What a shame, besides the tracking I love everything about this headset. Looks like I will be returning it next week.

Wop wop

Reading other posts another problem I was not sure depend from the tracking: launching the VR world I started finding myself in the wrong starting place in the virtual environment, instead of outside a building slightly inside, maybe inside a wall. I suppose there is some tracking or alignment problem.

Also hand tracking seems to be a bit worse, but not sure since the batteries of the controllers was really low so maybe that might influence the tracking I suppose.

To be objective the previous release was working fine for me. I have a demo on Monday, any way to roll back at previous release.

Edited by davide445

Sorry to be more precise, not hand tracking but controllers tracking, that are controlling virtual hands.

Seems they lost the tracking easily, but difficult to be sure since as written batteries was very low and I also got them tested with inexperienced users that was holding them in strange positions (i.e. very low or very near one to another).

Seems the position was not very well tracked either since was also difficult to act on some object (i.e. activate a light switch). Again not sure if this was due to low batteries.

4 hours ago, davide445 said:

@Glaucoma Predator how do you change the installed software release?

@davide445 Quite easy to answer:
if you opt out of beta you automatically go back to the latest public version which is 10.0.9.6

😉

Edited by A-Jey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tested today with new batteries and all seems working better. Didn't find myself in the wrong place. 

Received the too bright environment alert, but when I was in an office with sun coming directly in from windows. 

Still controllers tracking is worst than previous release in my opinion, less accurate and more difficult to interact with.