Jump to content
 
C.T.

Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.10.4

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Sago36 said:

We haven't seen anymore updates but HTC have the resources available to announce multiple variants of the Cosmos....

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/20/21145156/htc-vive-cosmos-series-announced-elite-play-xr-faceplates

 

With the fact that they have announced that the new inside out tracking variant (albeit with 2 fewer cameras) is for lightweight VR useage (Angry Birds), I wouldn't expect any groundbreaking tracking updates for the original Cosmos now. Neither will I be pre-ordering any of these new headsets. Not falling for that one again!

Reviews will dictate things for me when they are released

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so pretty much don't fix the current Cosmos and release the Cosmos Elite. I hear you Vive I hear you. 

I can hear the cogs moving and they are saying. Money, Money, Money, Money. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel a little bit cheated, will there be an extra for those people like us, who did buy a device that is already EOF after 5 months.  This is not the way to solve our problems HTC, i hope HTC will come with some extra information and perheaps huge discounts for people who

did buy the cosmos for 799 euro

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still pondering sending mine back as faulty within the 1 year warranty (not fit for purpose). 

If HTC don't make some big improvements to the tracking within the next couple of months that's what I'll will be doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ptipsecurity said:

I feel a little bit cheated, will there be an extra for those people like us, who did buy a device that is already EOF after 5 months.  This is not the way to solve our problems HTC, i hope HTC will come with some extra information and perheaps huge discounts for people who

did buy the cosmos for 799 euro

The original Cosmos is still on sale & HTC have always said they were going to release a lighthouse-compatible faceplate. 

I quite agree regarding a substantial discount though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 12:38 AM, Sago36 said:

We haven't seen anymore updates but HTC have the resources available to announce multiple variants of the Cosmos....

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/20/21145156/htc-vive-cosmos-series-announced-elite-play-xr-faceplates

 

Will be very blunt, those are just packages/bundles, not new models of the cosmos, maybe a new revision but not the cosmos 2 or anyhting. its still the same cosmos, elite comes with faceplate tracking mod, controllers and lighthouse while the lesser version comes with a different lower priced faceplate then the original vive. Will be very interested to see if they have anything instore for early cosmos adopters.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 4:08 AM, hamez88 said:

Will be very interested to see if they have anything instore for early cosmos adopters.

 

That would be a 'no' then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...