C.T.

Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.10.4

4 hours ago, Sago36 said:

We haven't seen anymore updates but HTC have the resources available to announce multiple variants of the Cosmos....

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/20/21145156/htc-vive-cosmos-series-announced-elite-play-xr-faceplates

With the fact that they have announced that the new inside out tracking variant (albeit with 2 fewer cameras) is for lightweight VR useage (Angry Birds), I wouldn't expect any groundbreaking tracking updates for the original Cosmos now. Neither will I be pre-ordering any of these new headsets. Not falling for that one again!

Reviews will dictate things for me when they are released

• Like 2

so pretty much don't fix the current Cosmos and release the Cosmos Elite. I hear you Vive I hear you. 

I can hear the cogs moving and they are saying. Money, Money, Money, Money. 

• Like 2

I feel a little bit cheated, will there be an extra for those people like us, who did buy a device that is already EOF after 5 months.  This is not the way to solve our problems HTC, i hope HTC will come with some extra information and perheaps huge discounts for people who

did buy the cosmos for 799 euro

• Like 4

I'm still pondering sending mine back as faulty within the 1 year warranty (not fit for purpose). 

If HTC don't make some big improvements to the tracking within the next couple of months that's what I'll will be doing

7 hours ago, Ptipsecurity said:

I feel a little bit cheated, will there be an extra for those people like us, who did buy a device that is already EOF after 5 months.  This is not the way to solve our problems HTC, i hope HTC will come with some extra information and perheaps huge discounts for people who

did buy the cosmos for 799 euro

The original Cosmos is still on sale & HTC have always said they were going to release a lighthouse-compatible faceplate. 

I quite agree regarding a substantial discount though.

On 2/21/2020 at 12:38 AM, Sago36 said:

We haven't seen anymore updates but HTC have the resources available to announce multiple variants of the Cosmos....

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/20/21145156/htc-vive-cosmos-series-announced-elite-play-xr-faceplates

Will be very blunt, those are just packages/bundles, not new models of the cosmos, maybe a new revision but not the cosmos 2 or anyhting. its still the same cosmos, elite comes with faceplate tracking mod, controllers and lighthouse while the lesser version comes with a different lower priced faceplate then the original vive. Will be very interested to see if they have anything instore for early cosmos adopters.

On 2/22/2020 at 4:08 AM, hamez88 said:

Will be very interested to see if they have anything instore for early cosmos adopters.

That would be a 'no' then!