Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.10.4

C.T.

19 hours ago, llealloo said:

@A-Jey @hamez88

It shouldn't be his responsibility to help fix this issue for HTC. He's the consumer, not an employee. If he were an employee/tester, they should not be making him pay for the device especially if it is not in working order.

I didn't say he's responsible for anything.
But we're in a beta thread and trying a beta software qualifies everyone to give useful feedback.

But sure, we can all install the beta and keep sitting and waiting.

• Like 1

All I ask right now is for people who extremely frustrated and angry is to take some time off from Cosmos. Please stop spreading misinformation like it's a broken hardware and such. The reason why the updates are slow right now is because Chinese New Year just passed and dev team was taking break with their loved ones. Now the Dev team is back and updates will continue. Also, I would like to remind everyone is that reason why Oculus Rift S got fixed in just few months - because Facebook has insane resources. Thousands and thousands of people were sending their feedback to them and thanks to this Oculus was fixed fast. Meanwhile we got statement "I don't have to help" here. Well, don't get surprised then if takes longer to fix. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retsu said:

All I ask right now is for people who extremely frustrated and angry is to take some time off from Cosmos. Please stop spreading misinformation like it's a broken hardware and such. The reason why the updates are slow right now is because Chinese New Year just passed and dev team was taking break with their loved ones. Now the Dev team is back and updates will continue. Also, I would like to remind everyone is that reason why Oculus Rift S got fixed in just few months - because Facebook has insane resources. Thousands and thousands of people were sending their feedback to them and thanks to this Oculus was fixed fast. Meanwhile we got statement "I don't have to help" here. Well, don't get surprised then if takes longer to fix. 

Hello after the Chinese new day there is a most dramatically CoronaVirus and in France I heard that  lot of factorys in China are down  and close to save people.

I think it's a very good idea 😉

Edited by Sjunin
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, lamyipming said:

I think we won't see any update soon probably because of the situation in China. That's fine, I just hope everyone is okay.

May not be quite as bad for HTC Vive since they are located and manufacture in Taiwan, not mainland China.  Still could be a factor if they get any components from mainland China though.

On 2/10/2020 at 2:05 PM, Retsu said:

Are you actually asking people that paid $1k for a gaming device to take time off it because they were sold an unfinished product?

"Hey here is a car, I know you paid $20k for it and it's supposed to drive, but it doesn't yet. You see the primary function that you paid for, doesn't quite work."

Sorry but no! I will spread the truth about this HMD all over the internet. And the truth is, this device is not finished and broken. Everyone should know about this, and they will. 

I'm even prepping a YouTube review about it and going to post it all over social media. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

May not be quite as bad for HTC Vive since they are located and manufacture in Taiwan, not mainland China.  Still could be a factor if they get any components from mainland China though.

I am just thinking as HTC is about to attending WMC2020 in Spain which start at 24th Feb. As they passed CES US in Jan.They must have some importance news  or products are about to talk about. e.g maybe the faceplate of Cosmos launching date. In addition it will also be a great time great to release a far  greater improved beta version at same time.As we all know there are rising anger about it especially in here.

Edited by OuiMurphOui
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, OuiMurphOui said:

I am just thinking as HTC is about to attending WMC2020 in Spain which start at 24th Feb. As they passed CES US in Jan.They must have some importance news  or products are about to talk about. e.g maybe the faceplate of Cosmos launching date. In addition it will also be a great time great to release a far  greater improved beta version at same time.As we all know there are rising anger about it especially in here.

Unfortunately WMC 2020 has now been canceled due to coronavirus.  Maybe Vive can just let us know what they intended to present at this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51474116

On 2/11/2020 at 8:05 AM, Retsu said:

I think people are upset because they spent finished product retail price for a product which under performs and under delivers.

The dev's have not said that they can fix hardware related issues with firmware.

The cosmos is limited due to the way that the tracking was implemented which is whey they are in such a hurry to deploy the tracking face plate. 

Of course people who already own the Cosmos are going to feel ripped off and lied to when they will need to spend more that the original price to buy the components to upgrade and fix it. face plate, new controllers and new sensors.