Jump to content
 
C.T.

Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.10.4

Recommended Posts

I used the newest beta firmware at first and it was terrible for aiming knives or axes at characters in saints and sinners. I then reverted to standard non beta firmware 1.9.0.6 and everything seems to be working really well. I'm having overall a good experience. I had heard that the sabres in Beat Sabre game didn't work properly but when I bought the game a day or so back it worked perfectly. No problems. I cannot say if two handed rifle shooting works as yet due to not having a suitable game to play at present. I've only had the cosmos for 4 days. For me it works really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shipmate said:

I used the newest beta firmware at first and it was terrible for aiming knives or axes at characters in saints and sinners. I then reverted to standard non beta firmware 1.9.0.6 and everything seems to be working really well. I'm having overall a good experience. I had heard that the sabres in Beat Sabre game didn't work properly but when I bought the game a day or so back it worked perfectly. No problems. I cannot say if two handed rifle shooting works as yet due to not having a suitable game to play at present. I've only had the cosmos for 4 days. For me it works really well.

I can tell you that bow and arrow games do not work at all, boxing games do not work at all either. 

I'm not sure why there are such mixed results with the tracking, however maybe it's my exposure to base station VR tracking and expectations in what tracking should actually be. 

Having said this I notice a lot of lag in tracking with this HMD, and a lot of drift, so much so that the games become unplayable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Glaucoma Predator said:

I can tell you that bow and arrow games do not work at all, boxing games do not work at all either. 

I'm not sure why there are such mixed results with the tracking, however maybe it's my exposure to base station VR tracking and expectations in what tracking should actually be. 

Having said this I notice a lot of lag in tracking with this HMD, and a lot of drift, so much so that the games become unplayable. 

This Forum is for beta version 1.0.10.4. and its clear by your posts in the past week and a bit that you are just here to have a whinge, and not a whinge with anything useful to say or point out, just a whinge for the pure sake of having one. If you want to please go to reddit/4chan or whatever sort of chat and do it there, not to mention the subtle insults to other users.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. I don't check up for awhile and this post is like an overpowered bag of salt and vinegar chips.

For the time being this is my evaluation of the current beta.

For beat saber its good but with hints of tracking loss but not tonnes.

Gun/rifle games. I can play contractors and Pavlov just fine with slight jitters when aiming.

Boxing games are pretty shit, I'm doing some sweet jabs and punches Irl and in the game I've barely moved .

Overall games are playable but still miles off what it should be, I don't mind for the time being but it's pretty sad that I can compare it to a wmr headset and the wmr wins.

I just seriously hope you guys at htc listen and REALLY discount the faceplate for us pretty much beta testers for  your headset.

Because if you can't get it upto par with wmr and expect me to pay as much as the headset to get external tracking this this is getting returned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried the beta 1.0.10.4 . but I think the tracking was better in 1.0.9.6 as it seams to be faster to recapture the controllers with cameras after they have been out of view.

still not the best tracking but hopefully the ir faceplate can help with that when it gets released 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hooflee said:

Because if you can't get it upto par with wmr and expect me to pay as much as the headset to get external tracking this is getting returned

Lol all of this talk about helpful posts, and I have one...

Return this device while you still can... and maybe re-buy when (or at this point 'if') they keep their promise on the external tracking mod and buy it only as a combo.

I have a feeling that the optical tracking [hardware] issue mentioned earlier is no joke. I think the cameras inside the headset were poorly chosen, and the choice of controller shape and not using IR is a huge mistake. These issues seem like hardware problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, llealloo said:

Lol all of this talk about helpful posts, and I have one...

Return this device while you still can... and maybe re-buy when (or at this point 'if') they keep their promise on the external tracking mod and buy it only as a combo.

I have a feeling that the optical tracking [hardware] issue mentioned earlier is no joke. I think the cameras inside the headset were poorly chosen, and the choice of controller shape and not using IR is a huge mistake. These issues seem like hardware problems.

The there is a post had mention the reason not using IR tracking is because Oculus own the IR tracking pattern. In order to go around it and for the sake of MR, (integrated AR  & AV functions).

Btw, I wander why VIVE FOCUS PLUS ‘s tracking tech could not apply to Cosmos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't care for the faceplate as some mention above.
I bought a headset with inside-out tracking and this is what I want to use.

So I don't see the developer road for inside-out at an end when the faceplate gets released.

HTC got to get it fixed to a satisfying level.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LexDK said:

I tried the beta 1.0.10.4 . but I think the tracking was better in 1.0.9.6 as it seams to be faster to recapture the controllers with cameras after they have been out of view.

still not the best tracking but hopefully the ir faceplate can help with that when it gets released 😄

The last Beta version was the best version of all software releases imho.
The actual Beta release was the first time we saw some steps backwards.

I really hope the next Beta is not developed based on the actual version but on the one before.
@stvnxu @C.T. @VibrantNebula

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...