Game glitch or something more serious?

joellipenta

• 3 weeks later...

So it has been a while since I came back to this but I have been doing a lot of testing lately and this glitching definitely is tracking related, not so much the wireless. I can barely play games like Boneworks without it crashing. Other games where you get close to geometry have these issues as well. It's incredibly frustrating to be in the middle of a level in Boneworks and I get too close to a wall and all that time is lost. I will be (begrudgingly) getting the external tracking plate (as well as base stations AND new controllers since this is my first VR) set so I'll be putting well over $1300 at this point for the Cosmos, wireless, external tracking, controllers, etc. This is pretty ridiculous and at this point, I'm pretty mad at myself for keeping this headset when I could've gotten a Vive or Vive Pro (or even an Index) and spent less money and spent more time playing. 

I appreciate the improvements made with the tracking via the beta program, but I fear that certain games will just never work properly with the Cosmos as it was sold to me. I have to say, I'm a bit dejected. I don't feel it's right to have to spend hundreds of more dollars to get a stable experience. Looks like I don't have too much of a choice.

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2020 at 8:21 AM, joellipenta said:

So it has been a while since I came back to this but I have been doing a lot of testing lately and this glitching definitely is tracking related, not so much the wireless. I can barely play games like Boneworks without it crashing. Other games where you get close to geometry have these issues as well. It's incredibly frustrating to be in the middle of a level in Boneworks and I get too close to a wall and all that time is lost. I will be (begrudgingly) getting the external tracking plate (as well as base stations AND new controllers since this is my first VR) set so I'll be putting well over $1300 at this point for the Cosmos, wireless, external tracking, controllers, etc. This is pretty ridiculous and at this point, I'm pretty mad at myself for keeping this headset when I could've gotten a Vive or Vive Pro (or even an Index) and spent less money and spent more time playing. 

I appreciate the improvements made with the tracking via the beta program, but I fear that certain games will just never work properly with the Cosmos as it was sold to me. I have to say, I'm a bit dejected. I don't feel it's right to have to spend hundreds of more dollars to get a stable experience. Looks like I don't have too much of a choice.

@joellipenta We have a fix in the beta line for Vive Console. Could you opt into the beta and confirm it's working for you? Thanks!

Beta release 1.0.11.2

image.png.2ff1f3fa42fdc3d6a9c8e38ea486293d.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joellipenta said:

I have the new beta and can confirm it's the most stable build yet, but have not tested with Boneworks yet (HL:A has taken all of my time). I'm going to do some testing tomorrow and I'll report back. Thanks!

Ok thanks. Let us know if you continue to see the issue or if it's resolved on your side. Thanks!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jad said:

@joellipenta We have a fix in the beta line for Vive Console. Could you opt into the beta and confirm it's working for you? Thanks!

Beta release 1.0.11.2

image.png.2ff1f3fa42fdc3d6a9c8e38ea486293d.png

So I played about an hour this morning. I tested climbing, getting close to walls, etc. and IT WORKS. Not once did I get flung off "into the windy void". The tracking was much improved and rifles worked close to 100% (still had some jankyness when aiming down-sight with the rifle, but not nearly as much as previous beta versions). Thanks for this and I can finally get back into Boneworks!! 

Once I'm done with Half-Life:Alyx, that is....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, joellipenta said:

So I played about an hour this morning. I tested climbing, getting close to walls, etc. and IT WORKS. Not once did I get flung off "into the windy void". The tracking was much improved and rifles worked close to 100% (still had some jankyness when aiming down-sight with the rifle, but not nearly as much as previous beta versions). Thanks for this and I can finally get back into Boneworks!! 

Once I'm done with Half-Life:Alyx, that is....

@joellipenta Thanks for confirming! Let us know if you need anything else and enjoy your time in Cosmos with Half-Life: Alyx and Boneworks.

• Like 2