Jump to content
 
joellipenta

Game glitch or something more serious?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, HoZy said:

Maybe you guys need to read that giant red bar at the top of the screen. 

"Limited Responses - Chinese New Year 1/23-2/3"

Cheers

Yeah mate I can read.. though I don't necessarily interpret "Limited Responses" as no response, so I'm sure they will get to it when they are done with holidays as Stvnxu has done above. No rush on my part plus I think everyone is here to either find or give support to each other as well. @stvnxu I don't own Bone Works so I can't verify that for you but it does look like @joellipenta is having wider issues rather than just the wireless setup from looking at his latest comment. Checking the Windows event log under apps might give him a clue as to what happened at the time of the crash.

Fink.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, stvnxu said:

@HoZy Thanks HoZy lol.

@Sago36 & @joellipenta - Our eng team is out due to holidays, but I'm actively collecting the information here and will share with them once they're back to identify and resolve this issue.

@joellipentaWhich USB 3.0 AA cable did you buy? It seems like this fixed the grey screen issue as reported from Fink and other users. Not confirming this is the solution, but want to gather more data for engineering to look into. Also, are you experiencing this issue in any other game such as the screen flickering grey?

@Fink - With your issue resolved using the USB 3.0 AA cable, have you been able to test Boneworks through successfully?

Thank you everyone.

 

 

 

Hi @stvnxu, I've logged an issue report for this problem which has been picked up as ticket 50112500, the DIAGTOOL number is 20200125230646. Had a glitch (grey screen) whilst playing the new Doctor Who game and ended up in a wall! This is with wireless.

I've ordered one of the USB 3.0 cables to see if that improves things.

Edited by Beta_Tester
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fink Thank you. My thoughts exactly! 

@joellipenta - Your crash in Boneworks may be a unique case compared to everyone else's reported here (which seems to be resolved by a 3.0 cable) because you're experiencing the same symptom in both wireless or wired situations. As Fink had shared, could you play it again and then after the crash, open your windows event viewer to take a screenshot of the errors that happen at the time of the crash. 

Search Event Viewer > Launch application > Windows Logs > System
(Link to instructions)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Beta_Tester said:

Hi @stvnxu, I've logged an issue report for this problem which has been picked up as ticket 50112500, the DIAGTOOL number is 20200125230646. Had a glitch (grey screen) whilst playing the new Doctor Who game and ended up in a wall! This is with wireless.

I've ordered one of the USB 3.0 cables to see if that improves things.

Ah you're the best. Thanks a lot for this. Please keep us posted on the result of the 3.0 cable if that solved your issue. I'll notify the eng team about your ticket, they're back this weekend woohoo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, stvnxu said:

@Fink Thank you. My thoughts exactly! 

@joellipenta - Your crash in Boneworks may be a unique case compared to everyone else's reported here (which seems to be resolved by a 3.0 cable) because you're experiencing the same symptom in both wireless or wired situations. As Fink had shared, could you play it again and then after the crash, open your windows event viewer to take a screenshot of the errors that happen at the time of the crash. 

Search Event Viewer > Launch application > Windows Logs > System
(Link to instructions)

@stvnxu I purchased the same cable as @Fink and am still experiencing the issue. Considering it's happening wired and wireless, I'm switching back to wireless now (I love that freedom!). As I was testing this morning, I noticed that if I start the game and then move outside the boundaries, when the game launches, the issue occurs. This makes me think it's tracking related. I reviewed the Event Viewer and saw some crashes related to Origin's Web Service (which was corrupt and I've since uninstalled), but nothing else related to Boneworks since it's not a true "crash" (you have no choice but to simply exit the game). Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joellipenta said:

@stvnxu I purchased the same cable as @Fink and am still experiencing the issue. Considering it's happening wired and wireless, I'm switching back to wireless now (I love that freedom!). As I was testing this morning, I noticed that if I start the game and then move outside the boundaries, when the game launches, the issue occurs. This makes me think it's tracking related. I reviewed the Event Viewer and saw some crashes related to Origin's Web Service (which was corrupt and I've since uninstalled), but nothing else related to Boneworks since it's not a true "crash" (you have no choice but to simply exit the game). Hope this helps!

Yes, agreeing with you on it being tracking related (grey screens are symptoms of that). I'll have engineering look into this over the weekend. In the meantime, I'll hypothesize maybe it's your room if it's strictly just tracking:

  • Could you try adjusting the lighting of your room to optimize the inside out tracking?
  • Try to put away any reflective surfaces.
  • Re-do your room setup and set another front orientation than the normal ones you've done.
  • When you play Boneworks, are there any patterns you can identify on when the crash happens? For example, is it every time you crouch and pick up something? Is it every time you face a certain part of your room? 

Thanks again for your patience in all this. We'll work to identify your issue. 

Steve

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, stvnxu said:

Yes, agreeing with you on it being tracking related (grey screens are symptoms of that). I'll have engineering look into this over the weekend. In the meantime, I'll hypothesize maybe it's your room if it's strictly just tracking:

  • Could you try adjusting the lighting of your room to optimize the inside out tracking?
  • Try to put away any reflective surfaces.
  • Re-do your room setup and set another front orientation than the normal ones you've done.
  • When you play Boneworks, are there any patterns you can identify on when the crash happens? For example, is it every time you crouch and pick up something? Is it every time you face a certain part of your room? 

Thanks again for your patience in all this. We'll work to identify your issue. 

Steve

@stvnxu I did run through the room setup two days ago. Nothing reflective. Some bright windows I partially covered so it should have a nice balance. I never get high/low light warnings. 

As for occurrences while playing, I notice it happens a lot while climbing or near walls. As if I'm squeezing through the geometry. I'd chalk it up to this game alone if it didn't happen in Doctor Who as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stvnxu said:

Yes, agreeing with you on it being tracking related (grey screens are symptoms of that). I'll have engineering look into this over the weekend. In the meantime, I'll hypothesize maybe it's your room if it's strictly just tracking:

  • Could you try adjusting the lighting of your room to optimize the inside out tracking?
  • Try to put away any reflective surfaces.
  • Re-do your room setup and set another front orientation than the normal ones you've done.
  • When you play Boneworks, are there any patterns you can identify on when the crash happens? For example, is it every time you crouch and pick up something? Is it every time you face a certain part of your room? 

Thanks again for your patience in all this. We'll work to identify your issue. 

Steve

@stvnxu I've had the issue in 2 different houses and 3 different rooms so I don't think it's room that's the issue. I do think it's tracking related though..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2020 at 9:15 AM, stvnxu said:

Yes, agreeing with you on it being tracking related (grey screens are symptoms of that). I'll have engineering look into this over the weekend. In the meantime, I'll hypothesize maybe it's your room if it's strictly just tracking:

  • Could you try adjusting the lighting of your room to optimize the inside out tracking?
  • Try to put away any reflective surfaces.
  • Re-do your room setup and set another front orientation than the normal ones you've done.
  • When you play Boneworks, are there any patterns you can identify on when the crash happens? For example, is it every time you crouch and pick up something? Is it every time you face a certain part of your room? 

Thanks again for your patience in all this. We'll work to identify your issue. 

Steve

@stvnxu Did some more testing wireless this morning and Boneworks crashed about 18 minutes in while playing around in the Sandbox mode. Typically when I get these "falling crashes/glitches", I'll be near a wall of some other geometry. Today though, I wasn't. It just went to the black falling screen with the falling sound. I didn't see anything in the Event Viewer except an error referencing Steam Tours so I grabbed that log and several others. Saw some errors in the Steam Boneworks logs but I don't know enough to decipher them. Thanks!

 

@C.T.

 

Logs.zip

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2020 at 3:14 PM, stvnxu said:

Ah you're the best. Thanks a lot for this. Please keep us posted on the result of the 3.0 cable if that solved your issue. I'll notify the eng team about your ticket, they're back this weekend woohoo!

Hi @stvnxu - been testing with the USB 3.0 cable and I think it is better. I've had less grey screens than before, but I'm definitely still getting them unfortunately.

Mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...