Sign in to follow this  
Jmels

Vive tracker vibration update?

Curious to know if there is any update to correct imu data for Vive trackers (2018) so prolonged vibrations do not skew tracking data. I know the 2017 tracker had the low pass filter to correct this, but is there any plan to add this to the current tracker? Without proper tracking, we'll probably have to end up abandoning the Vive trackers. 

@Jmels @Rich_BlackBox_VR,

No - LPS support is not road-mapped for Vive Tracker 2019 due to changes in how event and haptics triggers work within SteamVR input 2.0 and the underlying SteamVR hardware firmware architecture. The old LPS methodology is no longer valid and breaks tracking under the new system. The new system apparently means that if we were to implement LPS, it would be very difficult to implement on the developer side to the point where it'd be impractical since LPS requires the event trigger to be sent to the tracker prior to a haptic event.

There's a LBE company that's come up with a physical isolation methodology we're recommending for professional use cases. I'm checking now to see if I am allowed to refer you to them or if it's behind NDA.

On 2/28/2020 at 4:10 PM, VibrantNebula said:

@Jmels @Rich_BlackBox_VR,

There's a LBE company that's come up with a physical isolation methodology we're recommending for professional use cases. I'm checking now to see if I am allowed to refer you to them or if it's behind NDA.

VibrantNebula -  Were you unable to find out about this LBE company? We're in development on a high-profile VR experience using haptic guns which cause significant tracking issues with our Lighthouse 2.0 setup using Tracker (2018). We're desperately seeking a solution or will be forced to abandon Lighthouse tracking and Vive tech. If you're not able to post this company's name publicly, would they be willing to allow you to connect us if we sign an NDA? ...or would they be willing to hear about our needs through your team, and decide if they'd like to contact us? We are happy to pay for an effective solution.

Regards,

Rob