Aidanthegarden

Tracking Issues When Crouching

Hello everyone, new cosmos user here. Does anyone else here find that crouching down (especially with the headset facing the ground) completely messes up tracking? My tracking is completely unusable when I crouch, and still messed up for about 20 seconds after.I find myself completely unable to play stealth games such as Budget Cuts, or play other multiplayer games stealthily because of this. Is there a fix? Or is this just another Cosmos tracking error that I'm going to have to wait months for a patch.

The only thing you can try to do is make sure there is enough lighting, Apart from that. You cross your fingers and hope it's still something that can be done via a software update and not a hardware limitation. 

Cheers

Hi @Aidanthegarden,

As HoZy mentioned above, try adding a few more lighting as this can help with your tracking experience. 

If you'd like to help us improve our tracking in future updates, you can submit an issue report where your logs will be sent to our engineers to evaluate and improve on.

Here are instructions on how to do this:

On 1/9/2020 at 8:28 AM, Aidanthegarden said:

Hello everyone, new cosmos user here. Does anyone else here find that crouching down (especially with the headset facing the ground) completely messes up tracking? My tracking is completely unusable when I crouch, and still messed up for about 20 seconds after.I find myself completely unable to play stealth games such as Budget Cuts, or play other multiplayer games stealthily because of this. Is there a fix? Or is this just another Cosmos tracking error that I'm going to have to wait months for a patch.

I've had similar instances during games like pistol whip where I duck from a bullet and my body gets stuck in the ground for like a good 10 seconds, completely ruining my session.

As far as I can see tracking when you crouch in general can mess things up abit.

I think I'll make a video demonstrating this and post it for the devs to see. (Will also report through console)

@Hooflee,

Thanks for sharing and being active in helping us out. 

In your issue summary once you submit your report, could you also add the following tag "rd_log_request". This will help us better filter logs for our R&D to leverage in improving our products with updates such as this crouching tracking experience. 

Thank you,
Steve

• Like 1