How to get current timestamp

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I am following this forum but I still cannot get it. It maybe because I am pretty new to vive pro eye. I just don't know how to get timestamp data ?

I follow this 

ViveSR.anipal.Eye.EyeData_v2.timestamp

but it does not work.

I tried to use this code 

SRanipal_Eye_API.GetEyeData(ref eyeData);

// Timestamp
        timeStampList.Add(eyeData.timestamp);

Kindly see the result that I saved into CSV.  The first column (TimeStamp) is the one that is produced by using the exact above code while the second column (UnixTimeStamp) is produced by using the following code 

var unixTimestamp = (Int32)(DateTime.UtcNow.Subtract(new DateTime(1970, 1, 1))).TotalSeconds;
        unixTimeStampList.Add(unixTimestamp);

I don't understand why in the first column, it only produced two same timestamp. What does it mean ? Sorry I am so confused. Could anyone give me some help to get a propriate way of recording timestamp ?

Thank you

IG @Corvus

Issue.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@Corvus @Tony PH Lin why timestamp feature is more important than other features like eye_diameter, eye_openness, eye_wideness? I used SRanipal 1.1.0.1. 

and chi square feature selection techniques to understand the important feature and it shows timestamp is more important. I need to understand why timestamp is more important.

I also found that timestamp has negative values but I don't know why. Could you please clarify it? 

• 1 year later...
The CURRENT TIMESTAMP (or CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) special register specifies a timestamp that is based on a reading of the time-of-day clock when the SQL statement is executed at the application server.
We can convert date to timestamp using the Timestamp class which is present in the SQL package. The constructor of the time-stamp class requires a long value. So data needs to be converted into a long value by using the getTime() method of the date class(which is present in the util package).